Luminae Questions - Apex

bac513

Does Luminae still offer the 3 every day items? Is French Onion Soup available in Luminae? Still no prime rib in Luminae? Will they prepare requested dishes if notified in advance?

Thanks.

Luminae food is “inventive “ by design and may not be for you with these types of questions. That said the everyday menu and kids menu is available. They can prepare some things for you but it isn’t an unlimited Cheesecake Factory selection. Tell them what you actually want to eat and they can get close. They would be better at dietary restrictions low salt,gluten free , vegetarian menus. 

Yes, they still offer the Classics menu in Luminae, including the french onion soup.  Don't remember seeing prime rib on the menu.  They will try to prepare requested dishes if notified the day before, depending what those dishes are.  For example, we had no issue getting filet mignon if requested the day before.  We also were able to get items off the main dining room menu, if requested the day before (note - we did not ask for these things daily - just if there was no menu item we liked).

Also note - these answers are as of now.  There's no promise that Celebrity won't continue to delete menu items like they're testing on Equinox, although even those don't apply to Luminae..........so far.

I suggest you go to the app and select the current sailing for your ship and you can see the Luminae menus.

If you are sailing on a M or S class ship then you can also order from the MDR menu.  However if you are sailing on a E class that isn’t possible as the kitchens are very far apart.

We were on an E class last summer and dined in Luminae but often ordered the french onion soup and escargots from the main dining room menu. Maybe they've changed that? Although I think when you are in a suite they will try to honor requests (within reason 🙂).

Thanks for responses. However app menus for our December cruise do not show every day items. Not all Luminae food may be to everyone’s taste, so it is nice to have options without having to dine elsewhere. As an aside, I do not like the Cheescake Factory.

14 hours ago, bac513 said:

Thanks for responses. However app menus for our December cruise do not show every day items. Not all Luminae food may be to everyone’s taste, so it is nice to have options without having to dine elsewhere. As an aside, I do not like the Cheescake Factory.

didn't say you did but there is no shortage of posters reporting stories of "at these prices for a suite, make me whatever I want" or "go to the MDR and bring me that menu" when presented with the Luminae menu.  Luminae can be reasonably accommodating but within reason for "selective" eaters

15 hours ago, CynthiaP said:

We were on an E class last summer and dined in Luminae but often ordered the french onion soup and escargots from the main dining room menu. Maybe they've changed that? Although I think when you are in a suite they will try to honor requests (within reason 🙂).

The French Onion Soup and Escargot are part of the everyday "off-menu" selections on E-Class Luminae.