Responsible party for 3 rooms but 3 different reservation number?

jameslee

For Princess Cruise I already booked 3 rooms under 3 reservation #, is there a way to put myself as the responsible party under my credit card for all the charges accure in those rooms? They are all seniors and not too computer savvy . If so, how can we do it online? 

I used a travel agent too but when I check in I got different reservation number. Was your TA able to link it all under a single reservation number or different? And did she add credit card to the system for incidentals? 

This is just a guess. Couldn’t you log onto each of the other two accounts as a Booked Guest and enter your credit card information in the Check-In section, like you would on your booking to include identifying the other stateroom guest as an authorized user? You would of course need the name, birthday and associated booking number for one of the guests on each of the other bookings. Again, this is only a guess.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

I have the login for each guest and I think I could add my credit card to their reservation but I am not sure if it would be an issue since the name on card doesn't match name on reservation

4 minutes ago, jameslee said:

I have the login for each guest and I think I could add my credit card to their reservation but I am not sure if it would be an issue since the name on card doesn't match name on reservation

What we did, is we all went to GS when we boarded and had them put my credit card on the others accounts.  That way it all went on my card.

My TA also linked or cross referenced our bookings.  I also had DMW reservations and added my companions to the dinner reservations so we could be seated together.  You just need their booking numbers.  

You will have a booking number for each cabin.  I did not try going into each booking, as you would have to have log in credentials for each booking and then add your payment into the payment area, I’m not sure that would work, since they are not on your booking.  I found it easier just to go through GS once OB.

They will need to checkin on the App and give a payment in order to complete the checkin process.  But, like I said, you can change that once OB.  Did you ask your TA?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jameslee said:

Each cabin must have its own booking confirmation.  You can combine charges ( have all three cabin accounts paid by your CC) on board and of course paying for the cruise with TA is a separate thing from on board charges and you can obviously pay for all three bookings with TA. 

Edited by Steelers36

You want to have each person as an "authorized user" on your credit card.  That is the terminology on the Princess app for this.   

Every cabin has its own booking number.   

You can add your cc for your cabin mate in the app when you do checkin.  The other cabins are a bit harder.

When I did checkin last year I was able to log into my adult kids' account on the app and set up my credit card and put the second person on it as authorized user.  But I put my cc number against my daughter's name and allowed my son as authorized.  It was not set up for a different name on the cc than the first person in the cabin.  I don't know if that has changed or not since then.  

You can try that (set up login id's for the first person in each cabin and log in as them), or try to call Princess to add the cc over the phone. 

Alternately, you can leave them all blank with no cc on at checkin, and add your cc for all passengers either at checkin once you get to the port  (you will be blue lane, but all that is meaning less - just goto the port and check in)

or goto guest services once onboard and add your cc to everyone's account there.   

Last time we did this, we also had to ask at guest services for me to be able to VIEW everyone else's folio because the default was not "open".  That way I could review everyone's folio daily on my device, linked to my account (everyone shows up below me)  to ensure no mistaken charges showed up.     

Enjoy! 

Edited by CruisinFinsUp

I have only been able to add my whole travel party's onboard accounts to my credit card once onboard..I have never figured out how to do it online before sailing since they switched to the app, I just go to guest services & ask them to put all the rooms on my card which then allows me to monitor all the charges for our group for charges we did not make (one cruise there were a LOT) we also have them set the medallions to all open each room so we can visit back & forth.