Advice needed on when to status match

Bellacruz54

So sorry!!!  Let me finish before submitting 🤣 we are going on a 4 day first ever MSC cruise this Fall to try out Yacht club, but then planning to turn Diamond on RC by next Fall. Should we status match now or wait til we turn Diamond?  

I would wait until you are Diamond, as it is a one time thing.  You won’t get credit for the first cruise unless you are already a voyagers Club member though.  We didn’t even know about it when we did the first cruise, joined after booking the second cruise and status matched to Celebrity Elite.  EM

To get Diamond (formerly known as Black) on MSC you need to be Pinnacle on Royal or Zenith on X. This was not the case when they first started the match program. I believe there is a chart at the top of the MSC thread here on CC.

On 6/30/2023 at 4:20 PM, Bellacruz54 said:

So sorry!!!  Let me finish before submitting 🤣 we are going on a 4 day first ever MSC cruise this Fall to try out Yacht club, but then planning to turn Diamond on RC by next Fall. Should we status match now or wait til we turn Diamond?  

Emerald/Diamond/Diamond Plus all match to MSC Gold, so no point in waiting...

Thank you for the replies! I am leaning towards waiting until Diamond and just let this short cruise go.  Being Yacht Club we won’t miss much, and then status match the one time. 

Long time Lurcker on the boards but I can usually find my answers just by researching the posts.  Thanks again!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bellacruz54 said:

Thank you for the replies! I am leaning towards waiting until Diamond and just let this short cruise go.  Being Yacht Club we won’t miss much, and then status match the one time.

Diamond on RC will not get you Diamond on MSC...

image.thumb.png.5657c396ad294427f04175de675db1bb.png

Edited by Mark_T

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @Mark_T Trying to figure out all this matching stuff too! How did you find that crosswalk? My FH is Hilton diamond and I’m low tier on just about everything so figuring out which to Match to in order to optimize.  Thanks! 

Edited by Lanierain
Tag

3 hours ago, Lanierain said:

Hi @Mark_T Trying to figure out all this matching stuff too! How did you find that crosswalk? My FH is Hilton diamond and I’m low tier on just about everything so figuring out which to Match to in order to optimize.  Thanks! 

It is on a competing website so no links here I guess, but I found it by googling for 'msc status match conversion table' ...

• Thanks 1

Preparing for my next MSC Cruise: I’m a recognized Diamond status. Do I need to re confirm my status or does it stay in my record?

This is my second cruise within one year.

t

Thanks for indulging this side topic.

Susan

I had the same situation several years ago.  DH and I were going to be Elite on Celebrity after our next cruise, but weren't yet and had our first MSC cruise coming up.

I status matched DH only ..... at that time he got Gold.

After we became Elite, I status matched me.....I got Black.

We both now get the amenities for my level.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/31/2023 at 2:03 PM, MaisonRose said:

Preparing for my next MSC Cruise: I’m a recognized Diamond status. Do I need to re confirm my status or does it stay in my record?

This is my second cruise within one year.

t

Thanks for indulging this side topic.

Susan

You keep your MSC matched status for 3 years  .

If you haven't  sailed with them in that time you lose it.

• Like 1