The changes are being reflected in the Travel Weekly Awards

Keys Kathy

Did anyone else notice how few awards X received for 2022? And that was BEFORE all the 2023 shenanigans. I wonder what kind of reviews they are going to get for this year. It seems most of the awards in 2022 were for design. I didn't see Best Premium Cruiseline, which they were for many years in a row at one point. I think that was pre LP. There certainly weren't any for food!

Edited by Keys Kathy
add
  • Like 1

Speaking of Food, The Points Guys ranked his Top 6 Cruiseline Food. Celebrity was not mentioned. 

Here’s a link to the report 

https://frankchiaro.wordpress.com/2023/06/27/best-cruise-food-these-are-the-6-cruise-lines-with-the-best-food-at-sea/

Edited by RICCruisers
  • Thanks 1

I was on Niew Statendam a couple of years ago and the food was very good. Tried all of the specialty restaurants  especially Tamarind. I was really pressed by them.however going on Edge ship this time because I missed the solarium.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, paulh84 said:

Are the 2023 awards announced? It seems like in 2022 they own most awards applicable to the brand and there is no award for food at all 🤔

Mid-December, typically.

18 hours ago, paulh84 said:

Are the 2023 awards announced? It seems like in 2022 they own most awards applicable to the brand and there is no award for food at all 🤔

Well I"m glad they finally caught up with my opinion of Celebrity's food for the past couple of years. 😁

• Like 2

17 hours ago, RICCruisers said:

Speaking of Food, The Points Guys ranked his Top 6 Cruiseline Food. Celebrity was not mentioned. 

Here’s a link to the report 

https://frankchiaro.wordpress.com/2023/06/27/best-cruise-food-these-are-the-6-cruise-lines-with-the-best-food-at-sea/

It is all subjective... Virgin Voyages is on this list.  I just got off Valiant Lady in the Med. and the food was average at best.  I ate in 3 "special" restaurants (no charge) Pink Agave, The Wake, and Test Kitchen.  My steak in Pink Agave was probably the worst piece of meat in a long, long time, the rest of the meal was good, but that steak was horrible.  The Test Kitchen was the best of the 3, but hardly filled me up, The Wake was also average at best, again the steak was tough and over cooked and the sides were nothing to write home about.  All in all I didn't starve, but was very disappointed in the food.  The best eatery IMO was the Pizza Place, excellent pizza, I had 4 pizzas on my 7 day cruise... I don't go on cruises to eat pizza.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Tyler414 said:

It is all subjective... Virgin Voyages is on this list.  I just got off Valiant Lady in the Med. and the food was average at best.  I ate in 3 "special" restaurants (no charge) Pink Agave, The Wake, and Test Kitchen.  My steak in Pink Agave was probably the worst piece of meat in a long, long time, the rest of the meal was good, but that steak was horrible.  The Test Kitchen was the best of the 3, but hardly filled me up, The Wake was also average at best, again the steak was tough and over cooked and the sides were nothing to write home about.  All in all I didn't starve, but was very disappointed in the food.  The best eatery IMO was the Pizza Place, excellent pizza, I had 4 pizzas on my 7 day cruise... I don't go on cruises to eat pizza.

Europe is not known for its meat!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Do people actually follow these award ? 🤔😁

If X uses them as a selling tool, shouldn't we follow them? If they win, they toute it. I have to believe the Forbes stars will never happen again, but they will use it for years as a marketing ploy.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Keys Kathy said:

If X uses them as a selling tool, shouldn't we follow them? If they win, they toute it. I have to believe the Forbes stars will never happen again, but they will use it for years as a marketing ploy.

No , we don’t need to follow them at all 

like you said it a marketing thing , made for the uneducated consumer 😁

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Keys Kathy said:

If X uses them as a selling tool, shouldn't we follow them? If they win, they tout it. I have to believe the Forbes stars will never happen again, but they will use it for years as a marketing ploy.

Oh yeah, I believe those awards Celebrity touts.   After all, I saw it on the internet. It must be true!!😱

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, ChucktownSteve said:

Oh yeah, I believe those awards Celebrity touts.   After all, I saw it on the internet. It must be true!!😱

No different from Broadway shows pulling a few words that make a positive phrase from a review and using that in advertising - or on dangle signs having something like "8 TONY AWARDS" in huge print and then "nominated for" over it and "including..." the nominations in much smaller print underneath it. Or "BEST MUSICAL" with "nominated for" in smaller print.

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart
  • Like 2

I'm still confused. The 2023 awards are not announced. I'm not seeing the massive decline if these awards really mean something significant?

2022 Celebrity won:

1. Best cruise line for Europe
  2. Best premium cruise line 
  3. Best expedition 
  4. Best premium ship (Apex)

2021:

3. Best expedition 
  4. Best new ship (Apex)
  5. Best premium ship (Apex)

2020:

3. Best expedition 
  4. Best premium ship (Edge)
  5. Best overall ship (Edge)

2019:

3. Best expedition 
  4. Best premium ship (Edge)
  5. Best overall ship (Edge)

2018:

3. Best expedition 
  4. Best premium ship (Reflection)

• Like 1

On 7/1/2023 at 7:19 PM, Keys Kathy said:

I’ve just googled best steak in the world.

Conde Nast or Elite Traveller would disagree with your informed opinion.

Edited by swjumbo

On 7/1/2023 at 6:19 PM, Keys Kathy said:

Slightly odd comment! 

A couple of years ago when there were talks of possible post brexit trade deals between the UK and US there was near unanimous agreement from the UK side and population as a whole that any deals should not result in the UK being forced to allow imports of US meats. They are pumped full of chemicals, antibiotics, growth hormones, chicken is routinely washed in chlorine etc and standards are much lower than here and across the EU. The levels of antibiotics in US cattle are roughly 10x that of UK cattle. One of the few things that actually united the country, nobody wants US meat! 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, OysterD said:

Slightly odd comment! 

A couple of years ago when there were talks of possible post brexit trade deals between the UK and US there was near unanimous agreement from the UK side and population as a whole that any deals should not result in the UK being forced to allow imports of US meats. They are pumped full of chemicals, antibiotics, growth hormones, chicken is routinely washed in chlorine etc and standards are much lower than here and across the EU. The levels of antibiotics in US cattle are roughly 10x that of UK cattle. One of the few things that actually united the country, nobody wants US meat! 

Wow, I guess that has changed in the last 30 years!