Ft Lauderdale Hotels near the cruise terminal

trbarton

Any recommendations for hotels near the cruise terminal?  I stayed at one before that was within walking distance of the hotel & had a shuttle to the cruise terminal. 

Any suggestions appreciated. 

Tom😀

We have stayed at three different hotels pre-cruise in Fort Lauderdale--a Renaissance Hotel, a Spring Hill Suites, and an Embassy Suites.  The Spring Hill Suites was terrible overall in terms of service and the transportation to the port.  The Renaissance was a nice hotel and the transportation options were decent. This past January, we stayed at the Embassy Suites and made the arrangements through Princess with transfers included to the hotel and to the port.  This  was pricey, but the hotel specialized in Princess cruisers and other cruises.  In terms of hassle, it was by far the best option we had had.  Though the hotel was pretty much at capacity, things were pretty smooth and included an evening reception with complimentary drinks and snacks, the dinner costs were reasonable, and a full hot breakfast was included.  The transfer to the pier was quite efficient though we had to wait on the bus for loading of passengers and luggage. The Renaissance was pretty much across the street in the same area as the Embassy Suites, the Spring Hill Suites was in a slightly different area but there were more off-site restaurant and shopping options near the hotel if needed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We stayed at the Hyatt House last time we went. It has a free airport shuttle, and a $30 per person cruise port shuttle. It was a very nice hotel, the rooms have kitchenettes and living rooms, and it's located in a nice area with a ton of restaurants. Oh, free breakfast too. 

On the shuttle we met people who were staying at the Hyatt Place and they said it was also very nice (basically right next door so same area).

12 minutes ago, Spudd said:

We stayed at the Hyatt House last time we went. It has a free airport shuttle, and a $30 per person cruise port shuttle. It was a very nice hotel, the rooms have kitchenettes and living rooms, and it's located in a nice area with a ton of restaurants. Oh, free breakfast too. 

On the shuttle we met people who were staying at the Hyatt Place and they said it was also very nice (basically right next door so same area).

We have stayed at both, and both are good but the Hyatt House is a bit better IMO.  There is lots of walkable shopping in the area and a BJs Wholesale Club where you can get decent wines at good prices, of which you can take two bottles on the ship with you. Several restaurants in the area too.

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza.  I think it’s on Airport Rd.  We drove, so didn’t worry about shuttles.  But we did catch an Uber to the Funky Buddha Brewery in Oakland Park. I was comfortable walking around the area near the hotel. Staff was pleasant - when boarding was delayed, they had no problem extending our check out by a couple hours.

if you stay here, avoid rooms facing and above the pool.  It’s an all night party there.

Edited by BamaVol

2 hours ago, Spudd said:

Are you sure the $30 was per person?  I thought it was only $15 as reported by others on the board.  I am staying there in late Oct and for $60 I would take a taxi or Uber for sure!

Try Hyatt Place just off 17th Street and behind Embassy Suites (avoid very dated). Great location right next to the Harbor Shopping center. It has a Publix Mkt. shops and restaurants. The hotel offers a shuttle from FLL to their hotel for $5.00 per room reservation. They have a shuttle to the port ($) but cheaper to use Uber or Taxi.

For pricing try booking as a member or ValueTrips.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

Are you sure the $30 was per person?  I thought it was only $15 as reported by others on the board.  I am staying there in late Oct and for $60 I would take a taxi or Uber for sure!

I'm not certain, I might be remembering the total instead of the per person. Sorry!

1 hour ago, Spudd said:

I'm not certain, I might be remembering the total instead of the per person. Sorry!

I called the hotel and its $30 per person Roundtrip and $15 one way.

Edited by DaveOKC
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, BamaVol said:

if you stay here, avoid rooms facing and above the pool.  It’s an all night party there.

Thanks for the tip.  We will be staying there pre-cruise in Feb so if we have an option we'll keep this in mind 🙂

Thanks for the suggestion to the Florida board & everyone’s suggestions. I’ll check the Florida board. 

The last time I stayed there, I don’t remember the hotel, was within walking distance of the water taxi + shuttle to the cruise terminal. 

Tom😀👍