Still Onboard Marina

vlthom

3 hours ago, JL87 said:

Actually, miso black cod was the original Nobu preparation. It's sablefish. Similar to Chilean sea bass in texture but more difficult to source. It's the sea bass that's the substitute for the original, not the black cod.

That’s correct, but it’s always been Chilean Sea Bass in Red Ginger since it was first introduced on the Marina different from Black Cod at Nobu.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, osandomir said:

Thank you for posting… it wasn’t ideal but at least it was accomplished. One more question please - did you happen to use O air and gold level air deviation waiver for this cruise?

No, we did our own air.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, osandomir said:

Nobu is a famous Asian restaurant with many locations in US and around the world. Also, on some of cruise ships as well.

Yes I know  but Oceania was not one of the cruise lines  it was on 🤔

For the OP, or someone still aboard the Marina. Prime rib has been eliminated from the PG menu and we were told the other O ships would be doing the same shortly.

Is the prime rib still available in the Polo Grill?

I may have to check back with this question in a couple months! 

46 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

For the OP, or someone still aboard the Marina. Prime rib has been eliminated from the PG menu and we were told the other O ships would be doing the same shortly.

It was not available in PG on our recent Vista cruise. 

20 minutes ago, EJL2023 said:

It was not available in PG on our recent Vista cruise. 

Yes, that’s what I said. Prime rib is not available, nor is it planned to be, on the Vista.

My question was concerning Marina or the other ships.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

Yes, prime rib was still on the menu when we were most recently in Polo.  No change there.

4 hours ago, pinotlover said:

Yes, that’s what I said. Prime rib is not available, nor is it planned to be, on the Vista.

My question was concerning Marina or the other ships.

The 32 oz prime rib was available on Regatta in June. We know a guy who ate the whole thing...ugh!

23 minutes ago, AMHuntFerry said:

The 32 oz prime rib was available on Regatta in June. We know a guy who ate the whole thing...ugh!

11 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

😳

🤢

When we were in Polo on Vista and we noticed the Prime Rib was no longer available but had been replaced by a new high end brand of steak, can not recall the brand though. There were two steaks with one being a huge Tomahawk steak for two. We saw it and figured any good Cardiologist would recommend it be shared among 8 people 🤪🙏 

Enjoy if that is your thing. 
Mauibabes

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mauibabes said:

When we were in Polo on Vista and we noticed the Prime Rib was no longer available but had been replaced by a new high end brand of steak, can not recall the brand though. There were two steaks with one being a huge Tomahawk steak for two. We saw it and figured any good Cardiologist would recommend it be shared among 8 people 🤪🙏 

Mauibabes

I believe that tomahawk steak was veal, if I remember correctly.

1 hour ago, mauibabes said:

Mauibabes

Galician?

image.png.3b54ff3d7118770df5b4892712850bd9.png

1 hour ago, AMHuntFerry said:

You wonder how many people actually eat the whole thing  

maybe  such a small number they decided to cut it from the menu to cut the wastage or maybe not 🙄

38 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

You wonder how many people actually eat the whole thing  

maybe  such a small number they decided to cut it from the menu to cut the wastage or maybe not 🙄

We have always ordered the unlisted Princes Cut (8oz) which was much closer to a size we could enjoy and it was delicious....,sorry to hear that it won't be available on our upcoming Vista cruises.

1 minute ago, basor said:

We have always ordered the unlisted Princes Cut (8oz) which was much closer to a size we could enjoy and it was delicious....,sorry to hear that it won't be available on our upcoming Vista cruises.

Maybe we can have a table of 8 & share the Tomahawk  one  😄😲

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, osandomir said:

That’s correct, but it’s always been Chilean Sea Bass in Red Ginger since it was first introduced on the Marina different from Black Cod at Nobu.

I have been in red ginger on 2 occasions where they did not have any sea bass and cod was substituted and i found it very good. In fact, I preferred it over the sea bass when they did have it on other sailings. This stuff happens when impossible to get the real thing.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, DOJO466 said:

I have been in red ginger on 2 occasions where they did not have any sea bass and cod was substituted and i found it very good. In fact, I preferred it over the sea bass when they did have it on other sailings. This stuff happens when impossible to get the real thing.

Yes, I shouldn’t say always. Some people have posted already that Sea Bass was substituted with Black Cod in Red Ginger lately.

Edited by osandomir