Nynashamn to ABBA museum and Galam Stan DIY

I just realized that we are docked in Nynashamn for our cruise in August. The last time we were in Stockholm we were docked in Stadsgarden so my notes from then are not helpful. What would be the best way to get to the ABBA museum, perhaps visit Galam Stan and back on our own? I read there is a train from Nynashamn to the Stockholm train station? Would we purchase a public transit pass to get around Stockholm? Thanks

there is a train from the port that goes to Stockholm central station, takes a little over 1 hour.  If you look on Google maps you can find it.  You would need to take the tram to ABBA.  Galam Stan is closer  to the station but not directly to ABBA.  You need to decide how much time you can spare to loop back around to get to GS from the station.  If you know how to route find on Google Maps you can get ideas for routes and time tables of those routes.  A visit to the Viking Museum which is near ABBA might be a better use of time?

Thank you. I'll look into the Viking museum as well. The last time we were in Stockholm we went to the Vasa Museum, Skansen and GS with the kids. Was trying to think of something a little different to do but realize now with the ship docked further away that we have less time. It seems the travel card for the train from Nynashamn might also work on transit in Stockholm as it is part of Stockholm county? 

11 hours ago, Twilightstar18 said:

Thank you. I'll look into the Viking museum as well. The last time we were in Stockholm we went to the Vasa Museum, Skansen and GS with the kids. Was trying to think of something a little different to do but realize now with the ship docked further away that we have less time. It seems the travel card for the train from Nynashamn might also work on transit in Stockholm as it is part of Stockholm county? 

If you are bringing the kids again, I assume you've already visited the open air lemur museum at Skansen (which is amazing).  Would they also like  - depending on their ages - the hands on exhibits at the Historiska museum (https://historiska.se/vikingsummer/ ) ? You definitely hit the highlights last time, but that exhibit was also interesting (although I had a 3 year old and an older child might be less interested in hands on viking exhibits)

There are commuter trains from Nynäshamn to Stockholm and takes about 65 minutes. The tram (route #7) is only partially operational and some departures might be with bus.

A 24 hour ticket is 165 SEK and a single ticket is 35 SEK (valid for 75 minutes). 

• Like 1