RCL Drink Package 2023 Price

Does anyone know what the current AUD price per day is for cruises ex Brisbane on Royal Caribbean for the drink packages?

Edited by dmccue
Add line

Jumping on this thread to see if anyone has advice about when a good time to pay for a drinks package is. We're on Brilliance of the Seas out of Sydney on 4/4/24, but it's our first time booking with RCI in Australia (we're from the UK) so I was wondering if there are time of year when discounts or special offers come around?

13 minutes ago, notoriousPAB said:

Jumping on this thread to see if anyone has advice about when a good time to pay for a drinks package is. We're on Brilliance of the Seas out of Sydney on 4/4/24, but it's our first time booking with RCI in Australia (we're from the UK) so I was wondering if there are time of year when discounts or special offers come around?

Hard to pick. Promos tend to link to where you have booked from, not necessarily where you are cruising. The UK could be different to here, but Black Friday/Cyber Monday weekend in late November usually has something. Hopefully they don't increase the base price beforehand.

• Like 1

As Auscruisefam writes, the drink package pricing is never fixed. RC uses what they term dynamic pricing, which is somehow related to a combination of current demand, expected demand, target budget, & exchange rate (current & forecast) all multiplied by a factor known as the 'first number I thought of' 🙂 

If you see a price you are comfortable with, buy it. If you see it cheaper you can cancel & re-book at the better price. I'm not sure there is a 'best' tome to buy. 

Edited by mr walker
typo
  • Like 1

Has anyone done the Noumea/Vanuatu combination 8 nights ex Brisbane lately that can comment on the drink package price as all RCL will quote is USD89 to USD114 per day (which is the most I have every paid for a drink package anyways) .This could be the difference between me booking or not as at the USD114 that is more than the cost of the cabin per day.

Also worth noting that as well as the price moving around all the time and always on "Special" if your wife/husband is not a big drinker or non drinker as my wife is, then depending on the cruise you don't have to buy the package for the both of you! In the cruise planner see if it will let you add just one package, if it does then your good to go 🙂

I did this on a Transpacific and even called up and asked, told them it was letting me add just the one package and the agent said well if it lets you add only 1 then that's ok AND there was no obligation or condition of getting any other package, i got the wife a coffee card anyway for about $50. 

BUT, its really dependent on which cruise you are on? Short duration then no way can you just buy a single package but the longer ones it does happen, our Transpacific was 19 nights.

Edited by Hammer61
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

I was able to get $96pp/day for April 2023 Ovation NZ cruise earlier this year. That price was only available last year during the black friday sale in November 2022. 

For my 7 night Quantum cruise in Jan 2024, lowest thus far has been $107pp/day. (I've checked it all throughout this year on a weekly basis) I'm hoping it'll go to sub-$100 during the upcoming black friday / cyber monday sale though not putting my hopes up.

I'm really spewing that I didn't grab the Unlimited Dining Package for $366pp earlier this year for the same cruise as it's never been that low since and I only was able to secure it at $497pp so far!