Koningsdam Inside Passage review: June 24-July 1, 2023

QuattroRomeo

I think I got a little ahead of myself; the last stop on our Yukon tour was in the small town of Carcross, just a short drive from Caribou Crossing . The pink store is the one to go to for really nice, higher quality souvenirs and clothing, and prices are good. Even the chocolate bars are cheaper than Caribou! Out front, there is a table where you can stamp your passport for Carcross. At the Suspension Bridge, you could also get stamped on your way out. 

20230627_161225.jpg

20230627_163840.jpg

20230627_163853.jpg

20230627_165209.jpg

20230627_165312.jpg

20230627_165315.jpg

• Like 2

Thank you for the wonderful review.  The photos are great and getting us super excited for our upcoming cruise on the K-dam in September.  It is our first trip to Alaska.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, QuattroRomeo said:

Shop sundries and chocolate bars.

Wow, the prices are really something! We have a month before we sail, but I've been buying things at home on the chance that we might need them on the ship and be hesitant to pay ship prices. I'm so glad I did. The $24 bonine was $5.64 on amazon...and I got the $12 motioneaze for $2.98. Saving where I can makes the cruise and excursions expenses not quite so painful 🤪Thanks again for all the details you're sharing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NewCruiser-2023 said:

Is there a clothesline in the shower in case small items are washed in the sink?

Yes, there is a long string that pulls out and hooks into the other side. Some people bring a few clothespins to use!

• Like 1

Last question (for now) - I'm seeing a lot of mentions in videos that some ships have just 1-2 electrical outlets per room and no USB ports for device charging. Does anyone know the latest on the Koningsdam? Should we be bringing a power strip from home? (Every video that mentions it does say to make sure it's "non-surge protected," so I do know that, I just don't know if it will actually be necessary.)

There are USB ports. If I recall correctly, by the desk mirror and the bedside lamps. Also plugs. 

P.S. there is no limit to questions, that is what CruiseCritic is for!!🙂

Edited by QuattroRomeo
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/8/2023 at 3:08 PM, QuattroRomeo said:

There are USB ports. If I recall correctly, by the desk mirror and the bedside lamps. Also plugs. 

P.S. there is no limit to questions, that is what CruiseCritic is for!!🙂

@QuattroRomeo Hello again...we are two weeks from setting sail, and I've found myself with a few more questions, if you (or others) don't mind. We booked the Have It All package and are wondering about the WiFi. A friend of my husband's who coincidentally took an Alaska cruise on a different HAL ship back in May said their WiFi was terrible, more frustrating than functional. I feel the need to prepare our sons in their mid-20s for the possibilities 😕
Also, we are taking a snorkeling excursion and were told to bring beach towels. With the hoodies, knit hats, long pants, etc we'll already be stuffing in the suitcases in AUGUST, I hate to waste valuable space with beach towels too. I'm wondering if we could take towels from our cabin with full intentions of bringing them back. Or if our backpacks are scanned/checked when disembarking at the various ports.
Oooh, and that brings me to another question...what's it like when getting off the ship and back on again in the various ports? Is that a hassle like our initial embarking sounds like it might be or is it an easy strolling off and back on again?

Thanks!