Check-in time

5 hours ago, bwrstlrman said:

If we want to check in at midnight would that be midnight in Barcelona?

The era of stressing over getting the early check in slots is over - just check in the next day and show up whenever.

I am currently on a cruise out of Barcelona and we had to check in at 6 pm east coast which is midnight time in Barcelona. Make sure to double check what your 45 days is as the app said 5/18 and the website said 5/19. I tried it on 5/18 and was unable to but it was available on 5/19. At 30 days they will e-mail you documents and the last page has a luggage tag which you will need to print out a copy of for every member of your family. There was supposed to be a health questionnaire to answer the day before set sail but I never got the e-mail and could not find it on the website or app. It was no problem at all we came to the port at our time and it was so quick. A porter met us as we were getting out of the taxi and took our suitcases and then went quickly through security. At check in our boarding pass was scanned and looked at our passports and said we were good to board. 

Edited by CynBeth6

2 hours ago, CynBeth6 said:

I am currently on a cruise out of Barcelona and we had to check in at 6 pm east coast which is midnight time in Barcelona. Make sure to double check what your 45 days is as the app said 5/18 and the website said 5/19. I tried it on 5/18 and was unable to but it was available on 5/19. At 30 days they will e-mail you documents and the last page has a luggage tag which you will need to print out a copy of for every member of your family. There was supposed to be a health questionnaire to answer the day before set sail but I never got the e-mail and could not find it on the website or app. It was no problem at all we came to the port at our time and it was so quick. A porter met us as we were getting out of the taxi and took our suitcases and then went quickly through security. At check in our boarding pass was scanned and looked at our passports and said we were good to board. 

Thank-you

3 hours ago, CynBeth6 said:

If you don’t print the luggage tag ( we don’t anymore ) the porters simply tag your luggage for you and put your cabin number on it when you hand the luggage over to them for your cabin delivery.Takes about a minute.

We've always had the health questionnaire emailed the day before embarkation.

25 minutes ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

If you don’t print the luggage tag ( we don’t anymore ) the porters simply tag your luggage for you and put your cabin number on it when you hand the luggage over to them for your cabin delivery.Takes about a minute.

We've always had the health questionnaire emailed the day before embarkation.

We always print out, 2 for each piece of luggage and put them in plastic holders.  We've had paper ones come off so that's why the extra precautions.

11 hours ago, Biker19 said:

The era of stressing over getting the early check in slots is over - just check in the next day and show up whenever.

This might be true for ports in the USA but I wouldn't recommend doing so in some European ports.  Ravenna was enforcing check in times last month

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CynBeth6 said:

Yes, on some sailings the Midnite check in isn't available. Seen short delays by Hrs-Day and months ago had one that was 10 days later for some reason. 

22 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Until you hit a port that is actually checking and enforcing your set sail pass times, like Galveston did in May of this year

• Like 1