Caribbean Princess Reviews (in the Caribbean)

latebuyer

On the caribbean princess right now. Food is good…the pool  decks are crowded as one would expect ona sea day. Headed to Puerto Rico tomorrow. Ship is sailing fine…all previous issues of engine problems are nonexistent.

our cabin is cool but there are very warm areas on the ship, one of them t,he buffet area.

overall pleased with this ship

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Jadn13 said:

For the Caribbean, the mesh pool/beach floats are a game changer. They arrive flat so easy to pack and blow up.

used them in Grand Turk

Princess Cays

St Maarten 

They look like this

https://www.amazon.com/Upgrated-Hammock-Multi-Purpose-Non-Stick-Material/dp/B0C946BBSW/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_sspa?crid=WBSCXGGQXV4M&keywords=Pool+Float+4+Pack+mesh&qid=1689600427&sprefix=pool+float+4+pack+mesh%2Caps%2C158&sr=8-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9zZWFyY2hfYXRm&psc=1

Looks like fun.  Looks like a challenge to get on it.  Thanks for sharing.

12 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Looks like fun.  Looks like a challenge to get on it.  Thanks for sharing.

You don’t have to lay flat. I sit in the middle of the mesh and use the tube section  for arm rests. Works well that way too. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, eclue said:

On the caribbean princess right now. Food is good…the pool  decks are crowded as one would expect ona sea day. Headed to Puerto Rico tomorrow. Ship is sailing fine…all previous issues of engine problems are nonexistent.

our cabin is cool but there are very warm areas on the ship, one of them t,he buffet area.

overall pleased with this ship

ECLUE, thanks very much for the current up to date report! we board Saturday for Canada. 

safe journey!

• We were on the Caribbean July 1-8.  It was our 1st cruise and we loved it!!  We knew going in that she was an older ship and that there may be some staffing issues, but we're also used to that pretty much anywhere you go these days.  We did not experience any AC or plumbing issues in our cabin.  There were a few warmer spots on the ship, mostly close to doors to the deck.  I didn't find it unbearable and given the extreme heat and humidity I would almost expect it.  We spent all our free time in the Sanctuary or at the Lotus Spa Pool which did get crowded at times.  We would go early (6-7 am) and were able to get loungers every time (we're not chair hogs - we actually stay and enjoy them). We ordered breakfast to the pool one morning and it came fairly quickly.  It did take my coffee a bit longer to get there, but again given the time of day it was expected.  Service in the MDR was spectacular (we were in Reserve Collection dining), and also enjoyed Crown Grill and Sabatini's - both well worth the upcharge.  In our Facebook cruise group there were some complainers, mostly about room service times.  Interestingly one lady complained about service at the Lotus Spa Pool at the same time we were there.  We did not have the same experience.  Our only issue was that same person hogging all the towels for her and her imaginary friend in the lounger next to her that sat empty for hours.  Keep in mind that some people will complain no matter what.  Set your expectations appropriately and you won't be disappointed.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, getaway101 said:

Has anyone who has sailed on the Caribbean Princess stayed in a window suite cabin?  We just booked one for a 27 day TA in May 2024.

We did!  We were in F301 and it was simply amazing!!

• Thanks 1

Just now, getaway101 said:

Do you have all suite perks including club class dining?

Yes!  You have all full suite perks!!  The club class, now called Reserve Collection dining was a really nice perk!  No reservations needed and we walked right in every time.  Be sure to book your complimentary specialty dining on embarkation day as well. 

• Thanks 1

My first pick for cruising is on the Grand Princess, followed by the Caribbean Princess in F311.  It is a full suite with all amenities.  I can not think of any reason for NOT choosing these cabins.  Location, location, location.  I have posted floor plans.  I have posted photos.  There are a few youtube videos floating around.  F301 is the smallest Window Suite due to it's forward location.  F315 is an accessible cabin.  All the others are alternating/opposite furniture layouts.  These are my favorite cabins.

Is there something specific you want to know?  I am hoping that there will be a concierge host (no lounge) on the Caribbean soon.  It looks like you will be taking the Caribbean Princess over to Europe.  You won't use your balcony much so shouldn't miss it.  

3 hours ago, getaway101 said:

Has anyone who has sailed on the Caribbean Princess stayed in a window suite cabin?  We just booked one for a 27 day TA in May 2024.

1 minute ago, cr8tiv1 said:

My first pick for cruising is on the Grand Princess, followed by the Caribbean Princess in F311.  It is a full suite with all amenities.  I can not think of any reason for NOT choosing these cabins.  Location, location, location.  I have posted floor plans.  I have posted photos.  There are a few youtube videos floating around.  F301 is the smallest Window Suite due to it's forward location.  F315 is an accessible cabin.  All the others are alternating/opposite furniture layouts.  These are my favorite cabins.

Is there something specific you want to know?  I am hoping that there will be a concierge host (no lounge) on the Caribbean soon.  It looks like you will be taking the Caribbean Princess over to Europe.  You won't use your balcony much so shouldn't miss it.  

Thank you.  We are booked in F307.  I figured with the TA and port intensive a balcony won't be used much.  We have always wanted to try one of these cabins.  BUT with all I'm reading about roaches in cabins and no AC and plumbing problems.....I'm rethinking 😕

@getaway101  As to not take up space on this thread, here is my e.   mail add. ress.

princess  user name  at   g ma il  

no spaces, fill in the server information with dot   com

I will be happy to continue the discussion with you.  It is not an email I check frequently, so give me a few days.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, getaway101 said:

Thank you.  We are booked in F307.  I figured with the TA and port intensive a balcony won't be used much.  We have always wanted to try one of these cabins.  BUT with all I'm reading about roaches in cabins and no AC and plumbing problems.....I'm rethinking 😕

We didn't experience any issues with our cabin a couple weeks ago.  There were some warm spots on the ship but it was extremely hot and humid in the Caribbean.  We found our cabin was too cold at times. We did bring a small rechargeable fan just in case, but didn't need it.  No roaches and no plumbing issues.  The ship is a bit tired in some areas (spa locker rooms to be specific) but mostly she is still a beauty!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, getaway101 said:

We were in F303 in March and loved it. The location is great and suites have so much storage. Breakfast in Sabatini's was excellent.  DH would be happy in these cabins all the time. Sitting on the couch you can see out the windows as if you were on a balcony. I didn't feel the Reserve Collection dining was as nice an area as royal class ships but service was good.

We had F307 for our British Isles cruise several years back. It was simply marvelous and we certainly did not miss the balcony. Full Suite benefits for half the price (well, not really but you get the point). And the central location can’t be beat, with its own separate hallway that no one else uses. It’s like a secret door to your private hideaway. 

I will never not do a WS if one is available. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, edspec said:

Yes, thank-you to @cr8tiv1 and @kapsgp I have 303 and 305 booked for a British Isles cruise next July. It was a good deal, no single supplement for DS’s cabin. I’m looking forward to the space and the free laundry.

I have never tried to do a no single supplement...you should have gone out and bought a lottery ticket.  Lucky DS.  Europe will be lucky to have the Caribbean Princess for the next year.  I'm even crossing the pond to do a cruise on that side of the world.  These are (not so) secret and rare cabins.  

3 hours ago, getaway101 said:

Don’t let a single review discourage you.  Maybe I wasn’t paying attention, but I don’t think roaches were mentioned in more than one review. And that was some time ago.  Shame on Princess if that hasn’t been addressed by now.  More recent cruisers have experienced no a/c, plumbing, insect, electrical or engine problems.  Sometimes issues are system.  Sometimes they’re one-offs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’m glad this thread has been of use to people. I’m not sure i can go on the cruise i booked unfortunately. Its the jan 7th 2024 to puerto rico which was a good deal (price for solo has since gone up) but doesn’t work well with my work. However it is good to have this information if i go to the caribbean another time.

• Thanks 1

On 7/18/2023 at 3:33 PM, getaway101 said:

Do you have all suite perks including club class dining?

Also, I dont see a way to get regular MDR reservations.... only says we go to reserve collection dining.  We are traveling with 4 companions that are in regular balcony rooms and they cant eat with us.... so I wanted to reserve tables for 6 in MDR but medallion wont let me.  Anyone had this problem before?

3 minutes ago, Bridgestone66 said:

Also, I dont see a way to get regular MDR reservations.... only says we go to reserve collection dining.  We are traveling with 4 companions that are in regular balcony rooms and they cant eat with us.... so I wanted to reserve tables for 6 in MDR but medallion wont let me.  Anyone had this problem before?

I thought you, being in reserve collection, could eat wherever you wanted. Can they not include you n their group when making reservations?

On 7/18/2023 at 3:37 PM, MTNest93 said:

Yes!  You have all full suite perks!!  The club class, now called Reserve Collection dining was a really nice perk!  No reservations needed and we walked right in every time.  Be sure to book your complimentary specialty dining on embarkation day as well. 

We sail in Oct on Enchanted in a reserve collection room.   I dont see a way to get regular MDR reservations.... only says we go to reserve collection dining.  We are traveling with 4 companions that are in regular balcony rooms and they cant eat with us.... so I wanted to reserve tables for 6 in MDR but medallion wont let me.  Anyone had this problem before?

4 minutes ago, Bridgestone66 said:

We sail in Oct on Enchanted in a reserve collection room.   I dont see a way to get regular MDR reservations.... only says we go to reserve collection dining.  We are traveling with 4 companions that are in regular balcony rooms and they cant eat with us.... so I wanted to reserve tables for 6 in MDR but medallion wont let me.  Anyone had this problem before?

dunno - but can you get your companions to make the reservations with you as an added guest?