Price Comparisons between HAL and Seabourn

Hlitner

1 hour ago, Mary229 said:

Analyze away but it is hard for me to see any reason to buy the most expensive house in any neighborhood.  The cheapest house will be ok but may prove disappointing.  The middle ground is the sweet spot in any “real estate” analysis.  

You bring up an excellent point.  I live by the real estate axiom - it's better to have the worst house in a great neighborhood than the best house in the worst neighborhood.  But that further cements @Hlitner's argument.

30 minutes ago, PACD_JG said:

You bring up an excellent point.  I live by the real estate axiom - it's better to have the worst house in a great neighborhood than the best house in the worst neighborhood.  But that further cements @Hlitner's argument.

Only if the price is comparable.  It seems the comparison he uses is worst house versus best house.  That is not adequate.  Mid house versus mid house is more appropriate.  At either end there are premiums or discounts that skew the analysis.   And as I stated before you, as an individual, have to find value in the inclusions.  I do not

Edited by Mary229
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

IMO the option to book non-suite cabins give HAL an edge. 

And therein lies the "circuit breaker" for many of these point-to-point comparisons.

Sure, SB (and other luxury lines) may offer more for suite cruisers than HAL. But for those of us who would never consider booking a suite, it is a non-starter. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, cruisemom42 said:

And therein lies the "circuit breaker" for many of these point-to-point comparisons.

Sure, SB (and other luxury lines) may offer more for suite cruisers than HAL. But for those of us who would never consider booking a suite, it is a non-starter. 

Thank you 🙂

• Like 3