Solo on Princess?

latebuyer

1 hour ago, TTEllis said:

You all let me know when your ready for Part 2, on why cruising Princess Cruise Lines solo is so AWESOME!!

Le'me know I'll give you Part 2.🤜🤛

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

I certainly hope Part 1 gave you a little hint on how AWESOME Princess Cruises is. 

I'm ready for part two but I'm also really curious why you'd prefer to be the only solo cruiser on the ship.

Part TWO it is. 😎

2001 Golden Princess Inaugural my first Princess Cruise. Princess Patters there's a Solo Meet and Greet in the Wheelhouse bar. I showed up asked the bartenders about the Meet and Greet they looked at me like I was kidding that was almost 23 years ago and I've never been back to anything solo related ever again. There weren't any solos when I started cruising solo especially on Princess.

I've done a dozen or so nice sailings since never saw another single male female or otherwise😱 ever. 

It's not going to be like that anymore everybody wants to do everything by themselves including cruising. 

The cruise lines are starting to cater financially to solo travellers they don't have a choice, we're the only ones who have any money.

Princess Buffet World Fresh Marketplace (WFM) formerly the Horizon Court. It's not only top shelf as a solo I've never once had a problem ever finding a table or seat on sea days. Never a wait nobody running over top of each other like Carnival and RCCL good grief what a joke. 

WFM it's never failed me especially late night dinner, the vibe is absolutely wonderful up there especially solo. 

Another thing about the WFM I set my backpack down on a chair or table. I'm by myself, I leave to go get lunch at the buffet the thought of coming back to the table and my sh!t sitting in the floor or gone altogether (exactly RCCL or Carnival) never entered my mind. 

Explorers Lounge solo only way to go very rarely when there's a show in Explorers unless you get there at least an hour early(at least) there's no seats left solo I always find a single never a problem and I love Explorers Lounge because of the killer bar service.

Princess Theater doesn't have that I went to a couple shows last time between not being able to get out of the theater and take a whizz and not being able to get another beer it's just not me. 

One of if not the best thing about cruising Princess solo, my cabin and everything in it is just mine. 

I have this incredible room steward come in twice a day and clean everything up those guys are a DIFFERENT KIND of Awesome. 

What else do you want. 

I could go on. This is all your getting tonight I'm tard I'm going to bed.

Night night

Todd, Princess Elite solo.🤜🤛🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

I got this.😎

• Like 1

Just got off Sky Princess. Unhosted meeting posted every day for 6.30 PM. Missed the first one, the second was a bunch of old people sitting around complaining how sick they were. Not interested in meeting them. I always assume people I'm interested in meeting will be going to the same activities as me.

I also liked the WFM. I do not use alcohol so I'm not interested in bar service, but I was usually able to order a cappuchino quickly.

Good job Bob!!

I don't use alcohol either, I just drink beer and vodka martinis and there happens to be alcohol in them.🥰

No shortage of complainers on any cruise. Hope you had a good time on the Sky Princess. 🤜🤛

I'm a huge Princess fan, Elite now.  But I've never sailed solo.  My late husband and I did all the cruising.  I've just booked a September Boston-Quebec City on the Emerald and it will be my first solo.   I'm okay alone, I'm a bit of an introvert anyway, but I really wouldn't mind meeting a few solos who would like to join me for a meal or some drinks/music occasionally. 

Is there typically a solo meet up the first night? Where would I find out the time and location?

I'm in a rollcall here and also on another site but so far it's not very active and it's all couples.  Hoping that between now and September I meet some solos, but I'm interested in how Princess publicizes these meetups.   I feel like years and years ago I've seen a sign on an easel somewhere in the atrium announcing this but it wasn't really of interest to me at the time.

6 minutes ago, JasmineB said:

I'm a huge Princess fan, Elite now.  But I've never sailed solo.  My late husband and I did all the cruising.  I've just booked a September Boston-Quebec City on the Emerald and it will be my first solo.   I'm okay alone, I'm a bit of an introvert anyway, but I really wouldn't mind meeting a few solos who would like to join me for a meal or some drinks/music occasionally. 

Is there typically a solo meet up the first night? Where would I find out the time and location?

I'm in a rollcall here and also on another site but so far it's not very active and it's all couples.  Hoping that between now and September I meet some solos, but I'm interested in how Princess publicizes these meetups.   I feel like years and years ago I've seen a sign on an easel somewhere in the atrium announcing this but it wasn't really of interest to me at the time.

On my last cruise on the Ruby last April, I found in looking at my old newsletters that there was a single and solo cruiser meetup on the first night at 8 in the Wheelhouse Bar.  There were other gatherings on that cruise most days, at different times and locations.  They were all publicized in the newsletter.  I didn't go to any of them and haven't been to any solo gatherings on any cruise.  I generally haven't heard good reviews of them, but YMMV.  

Good luck and have fun!

1 hour ago, Honolulu Blue said:

On my last cruise on the Ruby last April, I found in looking at my old newsletters that there was a single and solo cruiser meetup on the first night at 8 in the Wheelhouse Bar.  There were other gatherings on that cruise most days, at different times and locations.  They were all publicized in the newsletter.  I didn't go to any of them and haven't been to any solo gatherings on any cruise.  I generally haven't heard good reviews of them, but YMMV.  

Good luck and have fun!

Thanks for the info. I might want to check out the first one and see what happens or I might not but I know I’ll have a wonderful trip anyway.

• Like 1

On 2/28/2024 at 11:11 AM, JasmineB said:

There are so many daily activities aboard Princess ships, and so many opportunities to meet people.  Below are some examples of daily activities aboard the Emerald Princess from a Caribbean cruise three months ago.  You'll find on the first day there was a solo/singles meet-up at 5:00 pm in the Wheelhouse Bar.  Every cruise has its own "vibe".  Group meetings such as this one lets the coordinator gauge the interest-level in scheduling additional gatherings.  Sometimes groups are active, other times less so.

Alternatively, you can readily meet people in other group meet-ups on the first day of the cruise.  Perhaps you enjoy card games or trivia contests or arts and crafts or fitness classes?  If you find an activity that interests you, go early and mention to the coordinator that this is your first solo cruise, that you are feeling a little apprehensive, and that you'd like to meet others.  A good coordinator will be able to introduce you to people with similar interests.

Once your Roll Call for Emerald on this website becomes more active, express your interests and gauge the interests of others.  Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks for the patters, I will open them up when I’m on my laptop but  just a quick question … Do they still do the pub lunch in the wheelhouse on one sea day?  That was always a favorite.    I really do like trivia and that’s a good suggestion, it would be a good place to join a table of others.   I know this is probably an unpopular opinion, but I wish this cruise had more sea days. I believe we only have two along with eight port days.  I love hanging out and pampering myself on the ship.

Good to read some experiences in here, I'm on the Sky at the end of May 2025 for a Baltic cruise so pleased to read there are some get togethers. I'm only 38 so probably at the lower end of scale for cruising but all the ones I've been on before I've met some really interesting people. Even met two people from the town I live in who I'd never even seen before, there's only 10k in the town so always stop and have a chat with them if I see them now.

On 3/2/2024 at 2:51 PM, JasmineB said:

Thanks for the patters, I will open them up when I’m on my laptop but  just a quick question … Do they still do the pub lunch in the wheelhouse on one sea day?  That was always a favorite.    I really do like trivia and that’s a good suggestion, it would be a good place to join a table of others.   I know this is probably an unpopular opinion, but I wish this cruise had more sea days. I believe we only have two along with eight port days.  I love hanging out and pampering myself on the ship.

There's no reason you can't stay on the ship on port days. It will be delightfully not busy. I just completed my first solo cruise on the Regal Princess, and there were meet ups advertised in the Patters, but I never went to any. I am just not that kind of person, being an introvert with some social anxiety for good measure. That being said, I did have some great spontaneous conversations with people, and that was perfect for me. 

I never did make it to the dining room. I intended to try it for lunch one day, but just never made it happen. I ate mainly from the buffet (took my plate), the International Cafe, and once I had the pizza by the pool. I had coffee and pastry delivered by room service in the mornings. Sigh. I really miss that. 

I am perfectly happy spending some port days on the ship. even when I travelled with my late husband, we often didn’t get off the ship. Most of our cruises were to the Caribbean in the dead of winter so we were just happy to be someplace warm.  After the first five eastern and western Caribbean and Panama Canal, there’s not really a lot that we want to see a second time in a lot of those ports.

I’m definitely an introvert, and I totally get the social anxiety, meds have helped me a lot with that.  I have any time dining and I’m pretty sure I can get seated at a table with others and I think that will be enough socialization for me.  But I will definitely go to the solo meet up and see if I meet any friendly folks that might want to meet up for dinner.

I have created a rollcall on a different site. I’m thinking I might find a few people there to meet up for a meal or a drink.  I’m just looking forward to spending 10 nights and being pampered.

Check out my avatar above that’s my room service breakfast on my balcony of a princess cruise long ago. That is one of my favorite things.

The Emerald Princess solo there's so much to do all day and night long you can't do everything. Explorers, Crooners and Adagio are awesome bars especially solo. Solo I prefer watching show's in Explorers Lounge more than I do the Princess Theatre. For several reasons mostly bar service and it's easy to get to the restroom and in and out of your seat. Princess Theatre is a nightmare.

Crooners and Adagio are the finest martini bars I've ever been in. Great venues on the ship to hangout solo and enjoy a cocktail or two. 

The Emerald Princess is so solo friendly after my first sailing on it, 2007 Inaugural I went back and did it 4 more time's. 

I would cruise on her again solo I'm just trying to cruise different ships. 

It really doesn't matter what ship you cruise with Princess if you want to cruise solo like I do and do your own thing whenever you want Princess is the only way to go. Has been the only way to go for quite sometime. 

Have fun cruising Princess solo welcome to the party.🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

• Like 1

Just now, sailingkiwi said:

I'm sailing solo on the Grand Princess in January. What is the best way to book dining if I am wanting to join others at a table?

Just tell the Maitre'd when you walk in the Michaegelo Dining Room your solo and you would be happy to sit at a table with others. He or she will walk you to a big table with your fellow cruisers and seat you. Nice hello all, big smile and your in. Done it dozens of times, never a problem. 

Have fun no worries.😎