Rotterdam in Europe Question

I am set to cruise a 7-day Rotterdam out of Amsterdam in September to Norway. I have two questions.

1. Do people on European cruises dress up more than cruises in Alaska (my only cruising experience).

2. Can you get iced tea? This may sound like an odd question, but I spent six weeks in London with nary an iced tea to be found. It's really my primary beverage.

5 hours ago, HermmyGranger said:

1. Do people on European cruises dress up more than cruises in Alaska (my only cruising experience).

While it depends on the make up of the passengers, generally speaking people on European cruises dress nicely and more than North America / Caribbean sailings.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, HermmyGranger said:

I am set to cruise a 7-day Rotterdam out of Amsterdam in September to Norway. I have two questions.

2. Can you get iced tea? This may sound like an odd question, but I spent six weeks in London with nary an iced tea to be found. It's really my primary beverage.

We were on the same cruise in May, and the dress was pretty similar to what I saw on our Alaska HAL cruise; pretty casual, maybe slightly better at dinner. You don't really have to worry about it, whatever you wear is fine. On the dressy night I was one of the few wearing a jacket.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, YourWorldWithBill said:

We were on the same cruise in May, and the dress was pretty similar to what I saw on our Alaska HAL cruise; pretty casual, maybe slightly better at dinner. You don't really have to worry about it, whatever you wear is fine. On the dressy night I was one of the few wearing a jacket.

So there were not many men in suits?  More of a sport coat dress up on board.  Debating have husband bring suit and sport coat or just sport coat.  Decisions decisions……..

Edited by Skicruiser55

4 hours ago, Skicruiser55 said:

So there were not many men in suits?  More of a sport coat dress up on board.  Debating have husband bring suit and sport coat or just sport coat.  Decisions decisions……..

Yes, we were eating dinner in Club Orange, and I might have seen one man in a suit. A sport coat is definitely more than enough; most were not that dressed up, just wearing nice shirts. But if he feels like a suit, that's also fine! He won't be out of place either way.

• Like 2

If it is a round trip out of Amsterdam the passengers will largely be Dutch. Based on our experience last August the MDR will be VERY popular and the dress will be very much smart casual. Very few suits, ties.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1