CPAP

hinterlandboyz2

1 hour ago, hinterlandboyz2 said:

Hello. As I will, for the first time on any of my cruises, be using a CPAP machine I would be interested to know if Celebrity Cruises charge passengers using a CPAP machine for Distilled water.  

No charge. If you’re sailing on an E-class, no need for an extension cord. There is an outlet bedside. 

Rollie

If you ask your cabin Steward he/she will bring you distilled water, and if needed, an extension cord for no charge. If you bring an extension cord with you, they will confiscate it at security when boarding and will return it to you when you get off the ship in terminal. 

1 hour ago, CruisinBanka said:

If you ask your cabin Steward he/she will bring you distilled water, and if needed, an extension cord for no charge. If you bring an extension cord with you, they will confiscate it at security when boarding and will return it to you when you get off the ship in terminal. 

Not necessarily. The last few Celebrity cruises I have carried on in my CPAP case a long extension cord and security never mentioned it; probably because it was in my CPAP case. To be clear, I had already made arrangements with Celebrity for distilled water and an extension cord so I had no plans to use it. I only had it incase there was a problem at the pre-cruise hotel, which there was not. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sptrout said:

Not necessarily. The last few Celebrity cruises I have carried on in my CPAP case a long extension cord and security never mentioned it; probably because it was in my CPAP case. To be clear, I had already made arrangements with Celebrity for distilled water and an extension cord so I had no plans to use it. I only had it incase there was a problem at the pre-cruise hotel, which there was not. 

I agree security is very hit or miss. Brought an extension cord in my CPAP case many times with no issue, then one time (a few years ago) they confiscated it and it was a hassle to retrieve it at end of cruise. It was news to me that you couldn’t bring one as I always did. Now I just use one of theirs, if plug is not available on my side of bed. 

We notified guest services via email (special_needs@celebrity.com) prior to the cruise. The extension cord and distilled water were already sitting in the corner of the room when we got there to drop off our carry-ons. Our room steward offered to tape down the extension cord, but we brought along hook magnets and strung it across the ceiling from the vanity to the bedside table. We found that worked out well as it made it easier for our steward to clean and vacuum and none of us had to worry about tripping over it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

We are very grateful for all the replies that have received. The replies have helped us a lot especially as this will be our first cruise having to take a CPAP with us. Many thanks for all who have answered our question :classic_biggrin: 

• Like 2

On 7/8/2023 at 4:34 AM, rollie said:

If you’re sailing on an E-class, no need for an extension cord. There is an outlet bedside.

Certainly not bedside, at least in our Apex cabin. As I recall, I had to pull out the bed and use the 220v outlet on the baseboard with my own adapter.

On 7/8/2023 at 8:49 AM, jsmariner said:

We notified guest services via email (special_needs@celebrity.com) prior to the cruise. The extension cord and distilled water were already sitting in the corner of the room when we got there to drop off our carry-ons. Our room steward offered to tape down the extension cord, but we brought along hook magnets and strung it across the ceiling from the vanity to the bedside table. We found that worked out well as it made it easier for our steward to clean and vacuum and none of us had to worry about tripping over it.

This is a brilliant solution! Thank you very much for sharing it. 😀

21 hours ago, mahasamatman said:

Certainly not bedside, at least in our Apex cabin. As I recall, I had to pull out the bed and use the 220v outlet on the baseboard with my own adapter.

I just got off Apex last week and there is 110v outlet next to the bed for my CPAP.  We were in an infinite veranda room.  It is only at one side of the bed.  There is a light switch, 2 USB A ports and 1 110V outlet.

Edited by lostchild

On 7/10/2023 at 5:00 PM, lostchild said:

I just got off Apex last week and there is 110v outlet next to the bed for my CPAP.  We were in an infinite veranda room.  It is only at one side of the bed.  There is a light switch, 2 USB A ports and 1 110V outlet.

We just got off the Beyond and had a similar room.  This setup is correct.

We requested the extension cord from the steward because my wife sleeps on the opposite side of the bed from the outlet and the table beside the bed on that side is much bigger than the one by the outlet side.  I tried without the extension cord but the CPAP cord was just a bit short.

We asked the steward and had the water and extension cord within an hour of accessing our room.

• Like 2

I have a CPAP, too, and have brought it on the last 7 or 8 cruises on RCCL and Celebrity.  I always request the cord and distilled water before hand.  I probably get it 50 - 70% of the time.  For the times that I don't, I just ask the cabin attendant on the day of embarkation, it has been there before bed time without a problem. It is super common and not an issue for the cruise lines.  Don't worry about it, and have a great cruise!