Live EPIC Mediterannean 11-Day Cruise from Marseille, France October 2, 2023-with pics!

graphicguy

And, it's check in day.........

Image Text

Dear XXXXX XXXXXX,

Thank you for choosing Norwegian Cruise Line. Your sail date is quickly approaching, and your online check-in is now open. To expedite your time at the pier and select your embarkation time, we urge all guests to complete their online check-in to provide the necessary documentation required to board the ship.

Here's how to complete your online check-in:

checkbox.png Register or log in to My NCL
checkbox.png Follow prompts to check in for your reservation
checkbox.png Register your credit card for onboard purchases
checkbox.png Schedule your port arrival time
checkbox.png Watch the mandatory safety video
checkbox.png Print eDocs and luggage tags

Important note: Online Check in will be no longer available within 3 days of sailing.

Please contact your travel advisor or click here for necessary requirements and documentation needed prior to your sailing. If you have any further questions, contact your travel advisor or Norwegian Cruise Line at 1-800-327-7030.

Click here for all details about our new safety and check-in procedures that must be completed before you sail.

Image Text
Image Text
Image Text
shore-excursions.jpg dining.jpg internet.jpg
Norwegian Cruise Line Facebook Facebook Facebook Facebook Facebook Facebook
  • Like 9

1 minute ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

The excitement is second only to embarkation day.

Amen to that.  I'm already starting to re-arrange my back pack, doing a mental check of toiletries, making sure I still remember the combination for the lock on the luggage, and wondering if it's too early in the day to start my hydration regiment I use once on board.....;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Amen to that.  I'm already starting to re-arrange my back pack, doing a mental check of toiletries, making sure I still remember the combination for the lock on the luggage, and wondering if it's too early in the day to start my hydration regiment I use once on board.....;)

Hydration Routine .. that sounds intriguing. Do tell!

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, SiestaKeyCruiser said:

Leaving pets behind is definitely the worst! We have friends renting our apartment for a few months, so they’re going to watch our 3 dogs and 2 parrots. Whew!

I can just see your living room ... one dog in a red jacket with the other two dogs going around in a circle, each with a parrot perched on his back.

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, graphicguy said:

She sees me pulling out luggage. She knows something's up and she doesn't like it...one little bit.

IMG_1275.jpeg

Awwwwww, poor baby.  Hard to explain a cruise to a dog who cannot go along.  More MilkBones!

• Like 2

Just checked in our family of four 🙂

What a disaster that NCL checkin website is for our group!

Had to watch the same youtube movie 4 times, before it let me set the tickbox each time.

Had to enter the exact same full address details etc... 4 times separately (no function to copy the primary address)

Had to prepare pictures of the faces (NCL really lets you do the work...) of which, all 3 other than the lead person got a "could not be validated" and so on...

As if a 3year old is going to watch that movie *LOL*

The only aspect which went easy was the credit card, go figure...

Not impressed.

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, cavok said:

Had to watch the same youtube movie 4 times, before it let me set the tickbox each time.

Had to enter the exact same full address details etc... 4 times separately (no function to copy the primary address)

Had to prepare pictures of the faces (NCL really lets you do the work...) of which, all 3 other than the lead person got a "could not be validated" and so on...

Not impressed.

Congratulations.  We're getting close...less than 2 weeks from sailing.

I just get my pic taken at the port.  They always seem to have to retake my photo during the port check in, even though I've uploaded mine.  

Not sure how NCL can ascertain who has or hasn't watched the safety video without having all guests watch it.  

But, again it's getting close.  Just now preparing all my paperwork.

Downloaded eDocs.  Printed them out because I want some redundancy in addition to having them on my iPhone.  Passport is in my backpack.  

Assigned terminal arrival time to 11:00 a.m.-11:30 a.m.

1 hour ago, cavok said:

Not impressed.

Just remember back to the in-person muster. You can put the YouTube video on four times and do other things. During the muster you have to sit in a hot, uncomfortable place, squeezing in a cramped area with 200 of your brethren that are also hot and sweaty. 

On the positive side, the hard part is over! A few days and you'll be onboard a ship cruising the Med.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Travelicious said:

Cute!  Could be a relative of one I used to have.

Joey.png

Awwww…what a sweetie!!!!  “Used to have”?

My girl looks a bit smaller.  She’s about 11 pounds.  She’s a rescue about a year old.  She was badly matted, emaciated when I got her.  Got her some vet care, some spa days, spayed.  She’s a little heart melted now!

• Like 2

Barring a major catastrophe, this is happening.....

TERMINAL ARRIVAL TIME:
11:00 am - 11:30 am 

• Haven Image
  • GUEST NAME:
    XXXXXXXXXX
  • RESERVATION NUMBER:
    XXXXXXXXXX
  • SHIP:
    Norwegian Epic
  • SAIL DATE:
    10/02/2023
  • STATEROOM:
    HAVEN SUITE H6
  • STATEROOM #:
    XXXXX
  • STATEROOM LOCATION:
    16 FWD
  • LATITUDE NUMBER:
    XXXXXXXX
  • LATITUDE REWARD LEVEL:
    SAPPHIRE
Norwegian Cruise Lines logo
CRUISE DOCUMENTS

Your best vacation ever starts here. Please review these documents for accuracy. You should bring these documents along with your passport or proof of citizenship to the pier for check-in. See an error or have any questions, please contact your travel professional, visit www.ncl.com or call our Reservations Department during standard business hours at 1.800.327.7030 and we'll take care of it right away.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
Printing of eDocs does not confirm boarding. It is required that you bring all proper documentation at time of check-in. A valid passport, original birth certificate with government issued photo ID, enhanced drivers license, US passport card, or original copy of US naturalization certificate is required for US citizens for this sailing. All non-US citizens must possess a valid passport and visas for all countries visited on this cruise, if applicable.  

For cruise only guests booking their own return flights, we suggest a departure time no less than 6 hours after the announced ships' arrival time. 

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: There are certain items that cannot be brought onboard. For the list of prohibited items please click here: Prohibited Item List

printer

Guest Details
GUESTS ADULT/
CHILD
CTZ INS LATITUDES*#  STATUS THE TIME YOU HAVE SELECTED
TO ARRIVE AT THE PIER

XXXXXXXXXX A  US Y XXXXXXXXX SAPPHIRE 11:00 am - 11:30 am

RESERVATION # : XXXXXXXXXX   FARES AS AGREED    

At The Pier

SHIP NAME SAILING DATE STATEROOM BOOKED BY
Norwegian Epic 10/02/2023

XXXXX

- FWD DECK 16

AMERICAN DISCOUNT CRUISES
BOARDING PROCESS PIER ADDRESS
Google Maps
Print Luggage Tags  
•Boarding begins at 12:00 PM.
Please note the time you have selected to arrive at the pier.
Guest arriving to the pier before your select arrival time will be asked to come back at the appropriate time.
Port of MarseilleChemin du Littoral
13015 Marseille
Save time by affixing these tags to your suitcases before arriving to the pier.  
•Departure time: 07:30 PM DATE: 10/02/2023
All Guests must be on board the ship no later than 2 hours prior to the departure time noted on these documents or they will not be permitted to sail.

Before and After Your Cruise

EMERGENCY INFORMATION & FLIGHT ASSISTANCE 
If you should experience a flight interruption emergency while en-route to your cruise, call us toll free from the US and Canada at 1.800.456.7179. Outside the US and Canada call us at 1.305.468.2029. We accept collect calls. 

GROUND TRANSPORTATION 
Transfers between the airport and pier are available for purchase for all guests. Whether you're looking for safe reliable transportation or something more luxurious, please contact us at 1.800.327.7030 or at www.ncl.com/getting-to-the-pier/transfers-and-car-services at least 4 days prior to sailing. If you made your cruise reservation through a travel agency, please contact your travel professional directly to book transfers. 

Travel Protection: Click here for information.

Important Information
DOCUMENTATION
All guests must provide Norwegian Cruise Line with their full legal names, EXACTLY as they appear on their travel documents by the final payment date, to avoid denial of boarding. All guests require proof of citizenship. A valid passport is recommended for all cruises and is a requirement for most sailings. In addition to your passport, a visa may be required. Visa requirements vary by country and are subject to change. For the appropriate requirements based on your itinerary and nationality, please contact your travel professional, local immigration office or visit www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/cruise-travel-documents. It is the guest's responsibility to obtain required visas and other documentation prior to sailing, including vaccinations for infectious diseases. Failure to arrive with proper documentation could result in denied boarding, and no further compensation will be offered. 

NOTE: The guests' attention is specifically directed to the Terms and Conditions of this contract which you have accepted during the online registration process. These Terms and Conditions affect important legal rights and the guest is advised to read them carefully. View and print a PDF of the Terms and Conditions. 

Cruise Itinerary

PORT OF CALL/ITINERARY   ARRIVE DEPART
PROVENCE MARSEILLE, FRANCE     10/02/23 07:30 PM
OVERNIGHT IN BARCELONA, SPAIN DOCK 10/03/23 08:30 AM 10/04/23 08:00 PM
PALMA MAJORCA, SPAIN DOCK 10/05/23 06:30 AM 10/05/23 10:00 PM
AT SEA      
NAPLES POMPEII, ITALY DOCK 10/07/23 06:30 AM 10/07/23 08:00 PM
OVERNIGHT IN CIVITAVECCHIA ROME, ITALY DOCK 10/08/23 06:30 AM 10/09/23 07:00 PM
OVERNIGHT IN LIVORNO FLORENCE PISA, ITA DOCK 10/10/23 06:30 AM 10/11/23 08:00 PM
CANNES, FRANCE TENDER 10/12/23 06:30 AM 10/12/23 07:00 PM
PROVENCE MARSEILLE, FRANCE DOCK 10/13/23 05:00 AM  

SHORE EXCURSIONS
We notice that you haven't booked any Shore Excursions. But it's not too late. You can book adventures ashore up to two days prior to sailing. Click here for all your options. You may also call the Norwegian Cruise Line Shore Excursion team at 1.866.625.1167. Outside the U.S. and Canada you may reach us at 0845.201.8900.

Lightbulb Image TIP: If you have not yet booked any onboard experiences such as Dining and Entertainment or would like to book more, it's not too late. Click here to explore your options on My NCL.

Amenities
DESCRIPTION PROMO CODE QUANTITY
2 Meal Specialty Dining Package DINPK2 1
Shore Excursion Discount  SHDC50 1
Dining, French Restaurant for 2 Guests DINFRN 1
Free $300 On-Board Credit Certificate Non -Refundable OB300. 1
Internet Package (150 Minutes) CHI150 1
Unlimited Open Bar Package BEVPK1 1
World Points $200 On-Board Credit Certificate WP200 1
Note: For changes to your amenities please contact your travel professional prior to sailing. All changes must be done no later than 48 hours prior to sailing date. No changes to selected amenities will be done once onboard.
Things To Know
ONBOARD SERVICE CHARGES. These charges are additional. If you have not pre-paid your service charges, a daily per person per day service charge will be added to your onboard account for all guests 3 years and older. Please see our brochure or www.ncl.com for details.

BEVERAGE POLICY: Please click link for frequently asked questions: https://www.ncl.com/faq

PACKAGES AND PROMOTIONS POLICIES
Unlimited Open Bar Package Terms & Conditions, please click here for details and restrictions.
Speciality Dining Terms & Conditions, please click here for details and restrictions.
Promotional Offers applicable Terms & Conditions, please click here for details and restrictions.

LATITUDES REWARDS. As a Latitudes Rewards member, you will receive special offers and promotions, onboard benefits and Norwegian Cruise Line news. No action is required on your part. We enroll all guests who have cruised with us and who are at least 18 years of age into this exclusive program. It's part of our commitment to our most loyal guests.
Note: LATREW promo code, is automatically applied to Latitude members' reservations. This code gives Latitude members their specific tier level discounts/benefits onboard. This promo code does not provide any Latitude points.

CruiseNext:
Dreaming of your next cruise while on board? We get it, which is why we offer CruiseNext - an exclusive onboard-only opportunity that rewards guests who plan their next cruise, while they cruise. Get up to $500 FREE Onboard Credit to spend on your current vacation when you purchase deposits for your next one through the CruiseNext team on board. The best part? The deposits are valid for four years, so you have plenty of time to plan when and where you will cruise next. Visit the CruiseNext Desk to learn more!

Phone Image THE CRUISE NORWEGIAN MOBILE APP. Click here to download the free App. Personalize your cruise vacation by booking shore excursions, onboard activities and staying connected with other guests. Download CRUISE NORWEGIAN today on the App Store or on Google Play , or visit ncl.com/apps for more information.

Lightbulb Image TIP:Need assistance? Once onboard, use any of the touchscreen kiosks or refer to your Freestyle Daily which is filled with information on the day's activities and special events.

© 2023 NCL Corporation Ltd. Ships' Registry: Bahamas and U.S.A. 21379 06/14 09/12/2023 

Edited by Host Kat
Per member's request.
  • Like 3

Delta

CVG  MRS
Cincinnati, OH to Marseille, France
SAT, 30 SEP 2023 - FRI, 20 OCT 2023
FLIGHT CONFIRMATION #:  XXXXXX
Sky Priority
ROUND TRIP | 1 PASSENGER

FLIGHTS
Flight DL 228
SAT, 30 SEP 2023
CVG  CDG 
18 DAYS FROM DEPARTURE
ON TIME 
SEAT: 
3A
DEPART:  7:05 PM
ARRIVE:  9:15 AM - SUN, 01 OCT
DELTA ONE® (Z)
MEAL SERVICES : Dinner ,   Breakfast ,   Premium Snacks ,   Drinks
Wi-Fi Flat-Bed USB Power 110V AC Power Delta Studio Personal Entertainment Sky Priority
PASSENGER STATUS:  CONFIRMED
In-Flight services and amenities
may vary and are subject to change.
Find Sky Club Locations:
Cincinnati/Northern Ky Intl - CVG
Charles De Gaulle Intl Arpt - CDG
Airport Maps: CVG | CDG
Aircraft: Boeing 767-400 
Flight Time: 8hr 10m
On Time % : N/A
Miles Flown: 4,141
Baggage & Service Fees
LAYOVER IN PARIS-DE GAULLE, FRANCE 3HR 10M 
Flight DL 8406
Operated by: Air France 
SUN, 01 OCT 2023
CDG  MRS 
19 DAYS FROM DEPARTURE

SEAT: 
XX
DEPART:  12:25 PM
ARRIVE:  1:50 PM
EUROPE BUSINESS (Z)
MEAL SERVICE :
Find Sky Club Locations:
Marseille Provence Airport - MRS
Airport Map: CDG | MRS
Aircraft: Airbus A321 
Flight Time: 1hr 25m
Miles Flown: 405
Baggage & Service Fees
Flight DL 8565
FRI, 20 OCT 2023
FLR  CDG 
38 DAYS FROM DEPARTURE

SEAT: 
XX
DEPART:  6:50 AM
ARRIVE:  8:40 AM
EUROPE BUSINESS (Z)
MEAL SERVICE :
Find Sky Club Locations:
Peretola - FLR
Airport Map: FLR | CDG
Aircraft: Airbus A318 
Flight Time: 1hr 50m
Miles Flown: 540
Baggage & Service Fees
LAYOVER IN PARIS-DE GAULLE, FRANCE 4HR 50M 
Flight DL 8604
FRI, 20 OCT 2023
CDG  BOS 
38 DAYS FROM DEPARTURE

SEAT: 
XX
DEPART:  1:30 PM
ARRIVE:  3:05 PM
BUSINESS CLASS (Z)
MEAL SERVICE : Lunch
Find Sky Club Locations:
Logan Intl - BOS
Airport Maps: CDG | BOS
Aircraft: Airbus A350-900
Flight Time: 7hr 35m
Miles Flown: 3,448
Baggage & Service Fees
LAYOVER IN BOSTON, MA 4HR 50M 
Flight DL 2209
FRI, 20 OCT 2023
BOS  CVG 
38 DAYS FROM DEPARTURE

SEAT: 
XX
DEPART:  7:55 PM
ARRIVE:  10:25 PM
FIRST CLASS (Z)
MEAL SERVICES : Snacks ,   Drinks ,   Snacks
Wi-Fi USB Power 110V AC Power Delta Studio Personal Entertainment Live Satellite TV Sky Priority
Find Sky Club Locations:
Logan Intl - BOS
Cincinnati/Northern Ky Intl - CVG
Airport Maps: BOS | CVG
Aircraft: Airbus A220-100
Flight Time: 2hr 30m
Miles Flown: 750
Baggage & Service Fees

PASSENGER INFORMATION

Passenger Information

Passenger number NAME FLIGHT SEATS SPECIAL SERVICE REQUESTS 1
XXXXXXXXXXX
SkyMiles # XXXXXXXXXX / Elite
eTicket #XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
CVG  CDG
XX
Delta One® (Z)

CDG  MRS
XX
Europe Business (Z)

FLR  CDG
XX
Europe Business (Z)

CDG  BOS
XX
Business Class (Z)

BOS  CVG
XX
First Class (Z)

Complete Delta Air Lines Baggage Information
Baggage fees will be assessed at the time you check in.
Final baggage fees will be assessed and charged at time of check-in. Baggage fees may change based on the class of service or frequent flyer status.
All prices are (USD) unless otherwise noted. If your itinerary qualifies for Trip Insurance, you will be able to add it before you purchase your ticket.
View Change & Cancellation Policies
Edited by graphicguy

United States France 

Most travelers from United States can enter France, but there are restrictions.   

Search instead for Not COVID-19 Vaccinated  >

Visa Requirements

You don't need a visa for France if you have a United States passport.Change my passport 

France 

Visa is not required for a maximum of 90 daysSee details 

Travel Restrictions

France 

Travel is allowedSee details 

Documents and Forms

France 

A passport with 3 months validity after the traveler exits France is requiredSee details 

International Driver Permit may be required to driveSee details 

Public Health Requirements

France 

Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is not required for FranceSee details 

Proof of pre-departure COVID-19 test is not requiredSee details 

Additional Information

France 

Quarantine is not requiredSee details 

Masks are not required in publicSee details 

Instant worldwide 5G connection on your phone without the roaming feesSee details 

2 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Awwww…what a sweetie!!!!  “Used to have”?

My girl looks a bit smaller.  She’s about 11 pounds.  She’s a rescue about a year old.  She was badly matted, emaciated when I got her.  Got her some vet care, some spa days, spayed.  She’s a little heart melted now!

Yes, Joey died in 2017.  I inherited him and Bear, who died just a couple of months ago, in 2010.  Joey was the sweetest ever!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

@graphicguy you will be rattling around in that big ol' 2 bedroom suite by yourself, but there is nothing wrong with being hopeful. 😉

Do you register with the US State Dept STEP when traveling abroad?

Not sure I'd register with anything federal.  We were in a nasty car wreck in Wales in 1972.  The state department called my MIL at 4am and said "Your son has been in a serious accident" instead of "hello".  The poor woman was hysterical for an hour.

11 minutes ago, jsn55 said:

Not sure I'd register with anything federal.  We were in a nasty car wreck in Wales in 1972.  The state department called my MIL at 4am and said "Your son has been in a serious accident" instead of "hello".  The poor woman was hysterical for an hour.

I do register when I am traveling solo in sketchier areas of the world so that I receive safety alerts. My only contacts are my attorney and accountant, so if anything happens, they get the 4:00am wake up call. 😅

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, Travelicious said:

Yes, Joey died in 2017.  I inherited him and Bear, who died just a couple of months ago, in 2010.  Joey was the sweetest ever!

Awwwww...they are family, for sure.  Sorry to hear of their passing.

I keep saying when a pet leaves, I'll never get another.  I've been saying that for 30 years.  I've been lying to myself the entire time. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

@graphicguy you will be rattling around in that big ol' 2 bedroom suite by yourself, but there is nothing wrong with being hopeful. 😉

Do you register with the US State Dept STEP when traveling abroad?

You know, I never thought about that.  Let me research that.

I have an SOS setting on both my Apple Watch and my iPhone.  I have my emergency contact listed with NCL.  I'm going to be with family after the cruise.

Not sure I want my lawyer and/or accountant as an emergency contact, however.  I can just hear both of them answer the phone upon my demise/accident....."yeah, whatever" and then send me a bill for their after hour services.

• Haha 5