Premium WI-FI on the Connie

stones902

It’s been a couple of years since we’ve sailed on the Constellation and I recall the WI-FI service at that time wasn’t very good. Does anyone know if the ship has been incorporated into the Starlink system yet?

We’ve found the WI-FI on the Edge and Apex to be excellent. Hoping that the rest of the fleet is also upgraded. 

23 hours ago, stones902 said:

Thank you!  That's good to hear.

So, is there a basic Starlink ?

We have basic Wifi included as part of our everything package, is that Starlink or something else ?

Not really into streaming but I need to check email and Blink cameras daily.

16 hours ago, m8zenblue said:

So, is there a basic Starlink ?

We have basic Wifi included as part of our everything package, is that Starlink or something else ?

Not really into streaming but I need to check email and Blink cameras daily.

Starlink is simply the means that the ship uses to connect to the internet, whether you have basic Wi-Fi service or premium. Basic service allows one to send and receive emails, download and print a boarding pass, maybe send a text. Premium allows streaming data - watching TV shows or video, listening to Pandora or some other streaming music service. Either way, with Starlink your service should be much better than it has been on this service in the past. We were on the Apex in April and were really pleased with our premium internet quality on board. 

Both Basic and Premium Wifi using Starlink are throttled down.     If you search on the topic you should find a number of threads including mine from Silhouette TA where I recorded speeds daily.

Generally I've see Premium capped at about 6 Mg Down 3 Up   and Basic about 2 mg down and 1 up.  

Edited by Jim_Iain