Check in times- Long Beach

dmopink

Hello Cruisers:

We're sailing out of Long Beach in August to the Mexican Riviera. Just watched a video on embarkation, and was wondering, does anyone have a list of the embarkation time slots?  I know you are supposed to log in to check in and reserve your boarding time, otherwise they will assign you a time. Just wondering what the different time slots are. I looked around on the Carnival website and really didn't see anything related to specifics. Any information is appreciated.  Thank you! 

10 minutes ago, DAllenTCY said:

I'm sailing September 9th on the Panorama and I've been messaged that the ship will be arriving late to Long Beach......9:30 am.

David

1100 o'clock was the first time on my cruise.   Just to get on the pier 

Our Panorama cruise last month had time slots starting at 11:00 going in half hour increments.  However, we received an email the day before and they pushed everyone’s time back by an hour (12:00).  They did not open the terminal until just after noon and boarding for our group start at about 1:10.  

My CC signature has a link to our embarkation Vlog in which we talked about our experiences on that day.  Happy sailing!

We were on Panorama this past week, and the first arrival appointment was 11:00 - 11:30 (because as mentioned, Panorama gets back to port later than usual).  The cruise prior to ours had to skip Cabo due to high swells, so they didn't seem to be running late - if we were delayed getting on, it was minimal (we arrived at the terminal at 10:50 and were walking onto the ship about 11:05). 

However, we were later than usual getting back into port yesterday.  They started priority debarkation (Diamond/Platinum/Suites) at 9:15 am.

As a couple of people have posted, check in time is what you sign up for, which is NOT your board the ship time. (Embarkation). 

The earlier your check in time, generally, the earlier your board the ship the time.  You can skip to the head of the line, of course with loyalty, suites, fttf, etc. And if you don't have any of those things, no matter how early you check in, you'll be behind those people. And if you do check in on one of those early times, you WILL be hanging around the (air conditioned) terminal.  Not The worst thing, not the best either.

Since we drive to this port, (and it's a short 90 minute drive too) we prefer a later check in time (noon-ish for the Radiance without propulsion issues) so that we can hang out at home and then go straight from check in to boarding the ship.  But, you do you!  Sometimes hanging at the port is more fun than hanging in a hotel lobby, or an airport or you have a longer drive that you want to leave wiggle room for, or a million other reasons.

Edited by deelightfull
  • Like 1

Our slot was at 10am this past March. Actual boarding began a few minutes after 11am.  That said, Panorama can be subject to delays owing to the distance traveled from its final port (Cabo). Carnival may have tweaked the port schedule modestly since we last sailed so as to minimize the need for last minute revisions.

18 hours ago, deelightfull said:

Sometimes hanging at the port is more fun than hanging in a hotel lobby, or an airport or you have a longer drive that you want to leave wiggle room for, or a million other reasons.

I do not truly feel comfortable until our boarding passes all have the check mark and we are sent to the boarding area.  It is very exciting and we can see the ship tantalizingly close on the other side of the glass window.  So yeah we will have to wait a bit but the excitement builds at that time and it is less than an hour to wait to board.  Plus there is plenty of cushion this way for something that has never happened yet but could:  flat tire, terrible traffic jam, etc.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TreyB said:

Just be aware that Carnival owns the Long Beach cruise terminal, unlike many other ports. They enforce the check in times strictly. It’s not a bad experience at all, but you won’t be able to skip lines just because you arrive earlier than your check in time which you choose online up to two weeks prior. 

Depends on the day. I've had carnival personnel just send me in as the lines were empty. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TreyB said:

Maybe on the Radiance booze cruise or right after the pandemic when the ship was 1/3 capacity. Not a chance now on Panorama Saturday with 4000 passengers.  

Nope.  There was not one person in line. 3000 passengers that cruise.   Panorama it was

• Like 1