Shore excursions to St. Andrews

Glasgow is almost the same drive time from South Queensferry as St Andrews, but you've got two very different destinations and places to see on the two routes. 

For Glasgow, you're visiting a former industrial city with interesting galleries and museums, probably going or returning via the Falkirk Wheel and the Kelpies.

For St Andrews, it's a lot about the golf and the golf history, and you're going via small historical fishing villages and perhaps stopping for fish and chips in one of them.

2 hours ago, fruitmachine said:

Glasgow is almost the same drive time from South Queensferry as St Andrews, but you've got two very different destinations and places to see on the two routes. 

For Glasgow, you're visiting a former industrial city with interesting galleries and museums, probably going or returning via the Falkirk Wheel and the Kelpies.

For St Andrews, it's a lot about the golf and the golf history, and you're going via small historical fishing villages and perhaps stopping for fish and chips in one of them.

I think that you misunderstood the question. I believe the OP was asking whether it was closer to get to St. Andrews from Glasgow, or from South Queensferry.

5 hours ago, gnome12 said:

I think that you misunderstood the question. I believe the OP was asking whether it was closer to get to St. Andrews from Glasgow, or from South Queensferry.

If that were the question, then the answer is that the drive to St Andrews is more than twice as long from Greenock (the port for Glasgow) as it is from South Queensferry.  It's also a lot more susceptible to traffic delays, extending the difference.

• Thanks 1