The Haven and Children

I Teach

Looking to book a special multi generational trip, 2 seniors, 4 adult children, 4 grands ages 10 to 3. We would like to be in the Haven. Question is concerning the children and the Haven special areas. My guess is the children will mainly want to be in the general area pools but want to see how well accepted they will be the Haven areas for dinners and possibly the pool. Thoughts? 
Thanks! 

Your children are free to be anywhere in the Haven except some ships have a special sundeck for adults only.  Children use the Haven pool all the time.  NCL prides itself on family suites.  There will be other children in the Haven too. 

• Like 1

The children in your group will probably be among other children in the Haven and some children will be younger than your youngest. The staff will likely dote on the children more than the staff will service the adults. 

As for other Haven guests, some will be happy to see a lovely family. Some will not even notice. Some will grumble under their breath at the sight of anyone under the age of 30. 

As long as children (and adults) behave in a manner that doesn't negatively impact other cruisers, everyone will have a great time. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, I Teach said:

Looking to book a special multi generational trip, 2 seniors, 4 adult children, 4 grands ages 10 to 3. We would like to be in the Haven. Question is concerning the children and the Haven special areas. My guess is the children will mainly want to be in the general area pools but want to see how well accepted they will be the Haven areas for dinners and possibly the pool. Thoughts? 
Thanks! 

Your entire multi-generational family will be welcome with open arms. Have a wonderful cruise. 

• Like 1

We just did a 3 generation trip on the Joy (in May).  DH and myself (mid 50's), DS and DDIL (late 20's) and 3 beautiful granddaughters (5, 2 and 8 months).  The girls were welcomed everywhere (except the adults sundeck on 19).  The Haven staff treated them like little princesses and most everyone in the Haven were full of smiles when they saw our girls.   The staff are all missing their families and will go out of their way to pay attention to the children!

Enjoy your family trip!  

30 minutes ago, nhtravels said:

We just did a 3 generation trip on the Joy (in May).  DH and myself (mid 50's), DS and DDIL (late 20's) and 3 beautiful granddaughters (5, 2 and 8 months).  The girls were welcomed everywhere (except the adults sundeck on 19).  The Haven staff treated them like little princesses and most everyone in the Haven were full of smiles when they saw our girls.   The staff are all missing their families and will go out of their way to pay attention to the children!

Enjoy your family trip!  

Thank you!!! We were just up at a lake in NH where I went every summer as a child. Such beautiful memories! We had some beautiful days last week but they are currently getting lots of rain! Hope you are not experiencing the same! 

4 hours ago, I Teach said:

…want to see how well accepted they will be the Haven areas for dinners and possibly the pool. Thoughts? 

all are welcome.

my thoughts as to how well accepted they will be depends upon their behavior. 

but that goes for the seniors and the adult kids, as well. 

kids will be kids and grandparents will be grandparents and baby boomers will be baby boomers. nobody wants to see any of them pee or poop in the pool or pick up items from the buffet in the horizon lounge with their fingers, then put it back. nobody wants to be subjected to the audio from their phones or tablets as they watch videos, nobody wants to trip over them as they run through the haven restaurant or the courtyard. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, I Teach said:

Thank you!!! We were just up at a lake in NH where I went every summer as a child. Such beautiful memories! We had some beautiful days last week but they are currently getting lots of rain! Hope you are not experiencing the same! 

Yes, last week was beautiful here.  What lake were you on?  The western parts of NH are now experiencing severe flooding.  It's a very wet summer for sure!

20 minutes ago, nhtravels said:

Yes, last week was beautiful here.  What lake were you on?  The western parts of NH are now experiencing severe flooding.  It's a very wet summer for sure!

We were on Granite Lake. It’s on Route 9 not far from Keene. Small lake compared to yours but very beautiful! 

1 hour ago, UKstages said:

...nobody wants to trip over them as they run through the haven restaurant or the courtyard. 

Haven't we told you not to run in the Haven restaurant and courtyard?

In my experience, such that it may be, those adult kids are worse than the child kids.

1 hour ago, I Teach said:

We were on Granite Lake. It’s on Route 9 not far from Keene. Small lake compared to yours but very beautiful! 

I'm familiar with it!  I have family in Harrisville, which is not far from Granite Lake.  I hope you had a great visit back.

• 2 weeks later...

We were in Breakaway's Haven in March 2022, just after they were re-starting.  When we went to the Haven pool There were maybe 10 people there.  The ship was sailing at 65% capacity.  Of those 10 people there was a couple with two children, about 6 and 7, that were just running wild!  Priscilla and I were in the port side hot tub which is designated Adults Only.  Little Poindexter decided he was going to jump in.  Priscilla told him that this was adults only.  He told us, "I can go anywhere I want!  I'm in the Haven!"  At that, I got up into the child's face and growled at him.  He immediately got out of the hot tub and went and told his father who was busy drinking his beer while mom was doing her needlepoint.  Dad never came over and confronted me, but Priscilla yelled at me for growling at children, again!!!  Was I wrong in doing that?  I don't think so!  The kid never bothered me again the whole cruise!  

Elvis

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2