Parking for Iona

bubsie

Hi, newbies to P and O here. We board Iona in 4 weeks, have just tried to book parking with parking 4 cruises and other similar sites recommended on here and I think we are too late. Have found a quote with a company called AeroPark but they need to know which terminal we depart from and we haven't had that info from P and O yet. Does Iona always depart from the same terminal? Any recommendations for other companies? Very grateful for any advice you guys are able to give me - thanks in advance! 

Edited by bubsie
full stop error!

Hi

Also a newbie but have a look on www.southamptonvts.co.uk which lists all the liners and terminals for quite a few weeks in advance. Otherwise just Google " ships in Southampton today"

Hope that helps 😀

We use Portside Meet & Great via Holiday Extras which is brilliant and generally my first choice option as it’s right at the dock, or a hotel and parking package. Our friends use the airport long stay and get a taxi from there. 

There was an issue with a company the other month who were not legitimate offering parking, so make sure you check either here or on reviews for a good history behind whoever you book with. I don’t know Aeropark I’m afraid but maybe do a search.

Edited by Cloudyrain
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, bubsie said:

Thanks all, looks like it will be Ocean terminal. Any recommendations for places to park for those who have left it a bit late! Or have you heard of AeroPark? 

Aeropark Southampton Ltd are apparently a new company registered in June 2023.  There is a reputable company called Aeropark Developments in Southampton which is a construction company and this new company appears to be listed on Parkopedia at the same address. There is an Aeropark at East Midlands airport bookable via Holiday Extras so this may well be a company expansion. I notice there is also a Heathrow one, formed same day  and same director.  I suggest checking them out first.

https://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/company/14916023-aeropark-southampton-ltd

Edited by Megabear2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Megabear2 said:

There is an Aeropark at East Midlands airport bookable via Holiday Extras

The Aeropark is a plane viewing area and old aircraft display run by enthusiasts when open.

If you do a dummy booking you will see all the parking options at EMA.

Not a good place to park if your sailing out of Southampton as you still have 165 miles to get

down there . 😮 Would be hell of a taxi fare !!

PS Penguin parking on Iona 12 Aug still have parking places ,they come with bus transfer to and from ship . (Took a guess at dates )

Edited by kalos
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, kalos said:

The Aeropark is a plane viewing area and old aircraft display run by enthusiasts when open.

If you do a dummy booking you will see all the parking options at EMA.

Not a good place to park if your sailing out of Southampton as you still have 165 miles to get

down there . 😮 Would be hell of a taxi fare !!

Well there you go! Learn something new again.

Joking apart there are Aeropark's all over Europe however I smell a rat about this Southampton and Heathrow offering.  There are no reviews but there are reviews leading from a website entitled Southampton Port Parking and this Aeropark's booking seems to take you there.  If you then look up reviews for Southampton Port Parking they tie in with the company formation date and there are at least 50% one star reviews and horror stories on Trustpilot.

I'd be very, very careful on this one unless anyone living locally to Southampton knows differently or someone on here has used them.

• Like 3

Triangle car park is a few hundred yards from ocean terminal. But you may have problems if terminal changed. Don't know if you can book it in advance

Thank  you  , you have prompted me to pull finger out and book with parking4cruises 

• Like 1

Thanks so much for all the advice. We are 5-12 August so it seems that Penguin, Parking4cruises, CPS and Portside Meet and Greet are all fully booked. I can't seem to find a dedicated Triangle site - it takes me to something called Cruise Parking Ltd which doesn't look right?  We don't need a hotel the night before as we are only around 70 miles away,

I have messed up here and clearly should have booked months ago but I just didn't realise as we have always done fly cruises before. Looks like our options are pre-booking someone's driveway via Just Park, chancing West Quay shopping centre or doing a bit of research and maybe trying Airlynx or Cruise Parking Ltd if I can find out if they are reputable.

Thanks so much for all the advice, you're all so helpful! 

27 minutes ago, Windsurfboy said:

You can try long term parking at airport  and get taxi

@bubsie   Using the airport like Windsurfboy said you can park (official site ) with 

both way coach to and from the port  ..£140 

see link https://book.southamptonairport.com/book/SOU/Parking?parkingCmd=selectProduct

good luck whatever you decide .

• Like 1

I've parked at the Ocean Village Multi Storey previously (£13.70 Day Current rate) its a 5 minutes walk around the corner from Ocean Terminal, would be less than a minute if it were not for the Port security fence. Dropped my bags off before parking the car, all very quick and easy and actually a lot quicker than having to que for CPS parking. Worried about leaving the car there for 2 weeks I actually called them beforehand to explain I would be leaving the car there whilst on a cruise and they informed me its not a problem at all. 

Maybe not the cheapest parking but a great saving over CPS, very safe with good security and minutes from the terminal. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dronnygirl said:

Check out Holiday Extras, they have parking but it appears to be cheaper to stay at hotel the night before with transfers and parking included 

It often is. I always do that. Can recommend Holiday Inn. 

• Like 1

Thanks all - have checked the holiday extras site but they are quoting £231-£384 which is a lot as we only live 70 miles away and so really don't need a hotel. 

Currently the West Quay or Ocean Village multi-storeys seem to be our best bet- we are thinking we will get there early and try and get a space, if they are full then we'll go to the airport and try there. Not my first choice, I'd definitely rather have used one of the companies you guys have recommended but none of the big names seem to have any spaces left. 

We have definitely learnt our lesson and will book early if we sail from Southampton again! 

• Like 2