Crown & Anchor questions

Hi all

On a recent cruise in April, my daughter started the cruise on the same C&A points as I did, even though she missed a cruise that I sailed in December. My other kids had missed previous cruises, but when they came on the December cruise they also started with the same C&A points as I did.

Is this because they are dependent kids so they just get the same C7A points as me?

Another question,

I booked a cruise for my son and a friend of his. His friend will be the primary passenger as he is over 21, but my son is only 20. The primary passenger has not cruised before, but my son is Emerald status. Will my son receive all the perks as an Emerald status even though he is not the primary passenger and will his mate who is not a crown and anchor member receive any benefits being in the same cabin on the same booking?

Lastly, this upcoming cruise for my son will push him to Diamond status, while the rest of us will remain Emerald. We are doing another family cruise in December, that I will book as the primary cruiser with the whole family. Will we all be emerald and only my son Diamond?

Will my son receive all the perks as an Emerald status even though he is not the primary passenger and will his mate who is not a crown and anchor member receive any benefits being in the same cabin on the same booking?

Yes, your son will get emerald perks, but not adult ones (alcohol) because he's not 21. Friend could maybe benefit from the internet package discount, if he gets multiple device one. But no, friend does not get emerald benefits.

Will we all be emerald and only my son Diamond?

Yes. You can pass status to your child under 18, but not to siblings/parents.

The points show of the person with the highest points. If you have the highest points in your household they show but are not the actual points. They share your status until they turn 18 then are on their own. So just because your points show doesnt mean everyone's pts are the same. As you say you know they didnt cruise once when you did. 

Its confusing how royal shows the points but each person has their real points if you call in and ask, not yours. 

1 hour ago, KSprite01 said:

Will my son receive all the perks as an Emerald status even though he is not the primary passenger and will his mate who is not a crown and anchor member receive any benefits being in the same cabin on the same booking?

Yes, your son will get emerald perks, but not adult ones (alcohol) because he's not 21. Friend could maybe benefit from the internet package discount, if he gets multiple device one. But no, friend does not get emerald benefits.

Will we all be emerald and only my son Diamond?

Yes. You can pass status to your child under 18, but not to siblings/parents.

With a 15% discount on Voom for emerald, they are better off buying before the cruise in the Cruise Planner.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

The points show of the person with the highest points. If you have the highest points in your household they show but are not the actual points. They share your status until they turn 18 then are on their own. So just because your points show doesnt mean everyone's pts are the same. As you say you know they didnt cruise once when you did. 

Its confusing how royal shows the points but each person has their real points if you call in and ask, not yours. 

I did not know that. That is a bit confusing. How can the rest of my family find out their points without calling in?

I assume they would have to each create their own account??

5 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Kids share the status and points of their parents until they turn 18.  They then retain that status while reverting to their own points.

As I understand it, each individual, after they qualify for the C&A, gets their own C&A membership/society number.  With that, they establish their own RCCL online account with login and password and go into the C&A section of the RCCL site.  There they can see their points.  That's what I did for my wife and we see all of her stuff in there.  This was all done years ago and things may have changed, I don't know. But, I do know that we see here C&A stuff to include points, now.  To be transparent, we have cruised the exact same cruises and categories, so it's not like we would have separate point values.

1 hour ago, Ret MP said:

As I understand it, each individual, after they qualify for the C&A, gets their own C&A membership/society number.  With that, they establish their own RCCL online account with login and password and go into the C&A section of the RCCL site.  There they can see their points.  That's what I did for my wife and we see all of her stuff in there.  This was all done years ago and things may have changed, I don't know. But, I do know that we see here C&A stuff to include points, now.  To be transparent, we have cruised the exact same cruises and categories, so it's not like we would have separate point values.

If you and your wife are linked the points you see on both accounts will be the points of the person with the highest total.  As mentioned above there is no way to see your individual points if you are linked in a relationship. 

11 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If you and your wife are linked the points you see on both accounts will be the points of the person with the highest total.  As mentioned above there is no way to see your individual points if you are linked in a relationship. 

This is the correct answer (as the poster knows). I always see my wife's points because she cruised as a kid and my 1st cruise was our honeymoon. I married into Emerald (was going to hold out for Diamond but I kinda liked her).

What we can't figure out is why my MIL got credit for our honeymoon cruise. If she was there, we certainly didn't see her. 🤣

• Haha 4

22 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Open - Thumbs Up Emoji PNG Image | Transparent PNG Free Download on SeekPNG