Mykonos quiet, less crowded beach recommendations

budmeister

I am looking for a quieter, less crowded beach that we can be guaranteed chairs and umbrellas, and have food and bathrooms available.  I was thinking I would try to pre- arrange transportation.  

Any suggestions?

Edited by budmeister

• budmeister changed the title to Mykonos quiet, less crowded beach recommendations

6 hours ago, budmeister said:

I was thinking I would try to pre- arrange transportation.  

Be aware that Mykonos is a very popular holiday island for tourists from across Europe and beyond, with July, and especially August, the busiest months, so unless you are travelling a little out of season, you may need to accept that every beach could be busy/crowded. 

Edited by edinburgher
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, budmeister said:

I am looking for a quieter, less crowded beach that we can be guaranteed chairs and umbrellas, and have food and bathrooms available.  I was thinking I would try to pre- arrange transportation.  

Any suggestions?

Not crowded?  Try….

https://www.scorpiosmykonos.com

Best to make a beach reservation in advance/online….  From website, click on beach, reservation calendar will popup.

• Like 1

This is one time when we are in agreement with Edinburgher.  We crusiers are an interesting lot :).  We take cruises, during the busy tourist season, to some of the most popular tourist destinations in the world, and than expect to find a "quiet beach."  There are many beaches on Mykonos, they are all well known (by locals and tourists) and if you can find a "quiet beach" it is likely quiet for a good reason :(.  The reality is that during the busy season it can sometimes be a challenge to just rent well located loungers on any beach.  

We have often posted about our normal DIY day where we simply make our way to bus depot (parking area) near the windmills, and base our beach selection on the "next bus."  The last time we were on Mykonos we had planned on taking the bus out to Paradise Beach, but when we got to the bus area the next bus was going to Platis Gialos.  Rather than wait 40 minutes for the bus to Paradise we simply hopped on the waiting bus that took us out to Gialos :).  The reality is that both of those beaches are packed in the tourist season and such is life.   So, forget "quiet" and just make your choice.

Hank

• Like 1

I was on Elia beach on June 30 and had no problem getting a lounger for myself. They are usually set up in twos with one umbrella, I was by myself and didn’t even have to share. €35. They had nice bathrooms too. Where I was dropped off I walked left towards the center of the beach because it was quieter than to the right. There was music but not blaring. It’s a nice beach, the sand and water were lovely. I didn’t eat at the restaurant but had a freddo cappuccino (iced coffee) for €5.50.

I remembered this beach guide from Santorini Dave's web site. 

19 Best Mykonos Beaches & Beach Map (Clubs, Parties, Swimming) (santorinidave.com)

Perhaps compare descriptions with the other web site. Both describe party atmosphere or family, nudist, gay, facilities available, etc.

30 BEST BEACHES in MYKONOS (and the MOST BEAUTIFUL) - 2023 (mykonosbeachesguide.com)

• Like 1

Well I just looked over those guides and had no idea Elia was concerned nudist or even gay. I saw a total of two topless woman but thought that was normal in Europe. There were plenty of families and children with sand pails playing on the beach in front of me. Hope you have a nice time whatever you decide.

Edited by sboh

I have picked a sail that includes Delos and a beach island that I think is only available by these sail excursions. If that falls through for some reason, I will remember your recommendation. Maybe that guide description is why it is a less crowded beach. 

Thanks for the info that this beach would be just fine, and not to be disregarded because of the description.