It's just a DREAM - TxTeach79's LIVE Dream 7/15 - Yeehaw!

TxTeach79

2 minutes ago, fla33023 said:

Wait...so Buc-ees is just a copy of Woody's?? Is there more than one Woody's?

No.  Woody’s is a BBQ joint.   There’s a location on both the southbound side and the northbound side of I-45 in Centerville - same exit.   There’s a gas station on both sides as well.  Woody’s is busy, but Buc-ees is entirely too busy for my taste (no pun intended).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dmet0225 said:

No.  Woody’s is a BBQ joint.   There’s a location on both the southbound side and the northbound side of I-45 in Centerville - same exit.   There’s a gas station on both sides as well.  Woody’s is busy, but Buc-ees is entirely too busy for my taste (no pun intended).

this. There’s a BBQ counter and a few tables and chairs, and then you have a lot of the same prepared foods as the beaver, bathrooms are just as clean, but otherwise it’s a lot smaller. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, dmet0225 said:

Woody’s is busy, but Buc-ees is entirely too busy for my taste (no pun intended).

The Buc-ee's in Madisonville gets to stupid levels of busy, especially on the weekends. Last time I stopped there on my way to Dallas there were six or seven bus loads of cheerleaders in there (they were parked around back so didn't see them until I was leaving) and they made sure to let you know they were there. The Texas City store on a cruise day isn't as bad as Madisonville. 

Edited by Rudyard
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rudyard said:

The Buc-ee's in Madisonville gets to stupid levels of busy, especially on the weekends. Last time I stopped there on my way to Dallas there were six or seven bus loads of cheerleaders in there (they were parked around back so didn't see them until I was leaving) and they made sure to let you know they were there. The Texas City store on a cruise day isn't as bad as Madisonville. 

madisonville was the first one I ever experienced, a long while back, and to this day it’s the most crowded every time 

• Like 3

Fun fact based off of my earlier Chilis post… I grew up around the corner from the original Chilis location in Dallas. They turned a post office into a restaurant in ‘75

IMG_4716.jpeg.a0afdebfb46597cea9629a0ffd1ee0a1.jpeg

we went there after soccer and baseball games all the time as a kid in the 80’s. It was a staple. First place I ever saw fajitas and heard of Buffalo wings. Both blew my mind in different ways. Eventually they added a second story and when it finally closed it looked like this:

IMG_4717.thumb.jpeg.ea56deac98c04ceef11b2de9c3fce97f.jpeg

once in high school I cut class and hung out on the second floor snacking and scoring my 1995 fantasy football league by hand with the Dallas Morning News sports page. 

they tore it down a few years back. Big 7-11 sits there now. The original menu is a trip. 

IMG_4718.thumb.jpeg.8c2767ede4f8b5cebc84551108b1cc2d.jpeg

• Like 11

I live in Ovilla (near Waxahachie) and we always go to Galveston by going I-35, to Hwy 6 to 290. We always stop at the Buccees in Waller. Much less crowded than the ones on the south side of Houston.  This route also lets us stop for kolaches in West. Win all around! 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, lennythenose said:

I live in Ovilla (near Waxahachie) and we always go to Galveston by going I-35, to Hwy 6 to 290. We always stop at the Buccees in Waller. Much less crowded than the ones on the south side of Houston.  This route also lets us stop for kolaches in West. Win all around! 

Now you’re talking. Stopping for kolaches in West is probably my favorite road trip pit stop of all time. A must!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lennythenose said:

i think I’m just gunshy from getting multiple tickets on 6 in my 20’s going to see friends at A&M

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

madisonville was the first one I ever experienced, a long while back, and to this day it’s the most crowded every time 

I've always found the one in Luling to be just as crowded but I think it's because that was one of their first large stores and they built it too small. They're building a new Luling store that's going to be 75K sq ft. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

Fun fact based off of my earlier Chilis post… I grew up around the corner from the original Chilis location in Dallas. They turned a post office into a restaurant in ‘75

we went there after soccer and baseball games all the time as a kid in the 80’s. It was a staple. First place I ever saw fajitas and heard of Buffalo wings. Both blew my mind in different ways. Eventually they added a second story and when it finally closed it looked like this:

once in high school I cut class and hung out on the second floor snacking and scoring my 1995 fantasy football league by hand with the Dallas Morning News sports page. 

they tore it down a few years back. Big 7-11 sits there now. The original menu is a trip. 

I, too, lived not too far from the original Chili’s.  The line to get in there sometimes was ridiculous, but worth it.   Two other great burger places along Greenville Ave. were the Feed Bag and the Filling Station.   

• Like 4

I, too, lived not too far from the original Chili’s.  The line to get in there sometimes was ridiculous, but worth it.   Two other great burger places along Greenville Ave. were the Feed Bag and the Filling Station.   

whoa. Now you’re taking me back. Went to both many many times. The Filling Station hung in there a long long while….

….. my most common burger staple was probably J.G.’s, which last I checked was still truckin’ along….

44 minutes ago, Rudyard said:

sounds pretty good to me-must be headed to SMU cheerleading camp

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

Man I went to that same Chili's on the first week it was opened. Where did you go to High School? I would have gone to Hillcrest but no my parents shipped me off to an all boys school-St. Marks. For those that don't know that was the first restaurant in the Norman Brinker empire  which ushered  in the modern casual restaurant.

Edited by Stallion
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

whoa. Now you’re taking me back. Went to both many many times. The Filling Station hung in there a long long while….

….. my most common burger staple was probably J.G.’s, which last I checked was still truckin’ along….

I had to look up JG’s, as it wasn’t there when I lived there.  

5 minutes ago, Stallion said:

Man I went to that same Chili's on the first week it was opened. Where did you go to High School? I would have gone to Hillcrest but no my parents shipped me off to an all boys school-St. Marks. 

I lived near the intersection of Abrams-Forest.  My HS was Lake Highlands.

• Like 1

I had to look up JG’s, as it wasn’t there when I lived there.  

I lived near the intersection of Abrams-Forest.  My HS was Lake Highlands.

whoa. I grew up at Abrams and Royal. Also a LHHS Wildcat. Crazy!

12 minutes ago, Stallion said:

Man I went to that same Chili's on the first week it was opened. Where did you go to High School? I would have gone to Hillcrest but no my parents shipped me off to an all boys school-St. Marks. 

crazy. I had lots of friends at St. Marks. Took drivers Ed there. I had the opposite path, I started at private at Lamplighter and would have gone to ESD or Greenhill but I wanted to go to school with my neighborhood friends and play ball and stuff so I went public by junior high and went to high school at Lake Highlands. 

Edited by TxTeach79
Ironic that I make a stupid typo in a text about schooling
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, dmet0225 said:

Class of ‘81.

Ha! Beat You-Class of 1977 ☹️

Used to work as a Bartender during that time period farther South on Greenville at the Waterhole and then for a short time at Stan's Blue Note with RB and Dorothy

Edited by Stallion
  • Like 2