Cape Liberty NJ terminal parking alternative? For Oasis

I know the parking at the port is $30 a day. We are just looking at all different alternatives and while doing a Google search, we found something that said $20 a day for a parking lot adjacent to the terminal. Does anyone have any experience with this?  Is it worth the savings? Too much of a hassle? Is it a long walk to the ship from the outer parking lot? We are just looking at all of our options and of course, looking to cut costs where necessary. Thank you.

Make sure they only charge 7 days versus 8. That's one of the differences I found when we cruised out of there. The port was $25/day when we cruised out of there last year so it wasn't worth it for the hassle by the time we paid for 8 versus 7 that the port charges.

Edited by sailor05
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Cruisegirl138 said:

I know the parking at the port is $30 a day. We are just looking at all different alternatives and while doing a Google search, we found something that said $20 a day for a parking lot adjacent to the terminal. Does anyone have any experience with this?  Is it worth the savings? Too much of a hassle? Is it a long walk to the ship from the outer parking lot? We are just looking at all of our options and of course, looking to cut costs where necessary. Thank you.

Parking is $30 per night at the port, 9 night cruise will be $270. All the parking lots adjacent to the terminal charge $30, there is no $20 rate. If the site you found is advertising as "adjacent" and at $20, that should tell you something about that vendor and I would stay away from them.

There is NO reputable alternative to parking at Cape Liberty in Bayonne. There used to be an alternative in Bayonne. At various times they operated under different names from the same lot they rented from a nearby business. That their shutlle vehicles had no NJDOT markings was another indication of how they operated their business.

If you are driving and lodging overnight look into Trinity Reservations (located in Hamburg NJ) for sleep/park/shuttle packages to the port. The price they advertise includes taxes. Trinity is a reputable business.

• Like 2