Huge improvement to P&O website booking

CaptainPedantic

Sorry if I missed this being posted previously, but this morning I was checking cabin availability (again) for a cruise I'm interested in and there has been a huge improvement made to the booking process through the P&O website. You can now see cabin availability for an entire deck at a time, rather than having to choose both a location (e.g. Aft) and deck to see what's available. If like me you spend far too much time seeing what is available, this will save you hours!!! Nice work P&O 🙂 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

I'm not seeing anywhere that shows individual cabin availability - all I see is a schematic of where there may possibly be some availability.

One other thing that I noticed is that it is now saying that with Select fare the cabin will be allocated prior to sailing

2023-07-12_09-07-09.png

Just had a look and although the site has changed how you navigate through booking procedure cannot see the whole deck at once only by section so give us a clue what we are missing sounds good if you could see each deck at once 

Found it.

When you go to summary there is a small line "choose cabin" over on the left in the "Your cabins" block.

My logic would have said that you select your cabin on the "Select cabins" page

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What I  don't like about the website us that it only shows the price for cheapest inside cabin and you have to go through a dummy booking to find prices for balconies etc. Cunard website still has the old system of being able to see a lead price for each level of accommodation. Am I missing something on the P&O site?

• Like 1

Hi David63 I am still struggling to find where you mean I have got to the summary page under a dummy booking and I can only see edit cabin which goes to select cabin and location so I'm stumped like the English batsman Bairstow 

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Dorset cruise fan said:

What I  don't like about the website us that it only shows the price for cheapest inside cabin and you have to go through a dummy booking to find prices for balconies etc. Cunard website still has the old system of being able to see a lead price for each level of accommodation. Am I missing something on the P&O site?

After you have completed your initial search (e.g. Caribbean, Jan 24,), return to the filters at the top of the page and scroll down to Cabin Type. Select balcony and this will bring up the cheapest balcony prices available on the whole list. Will probably be obstructed balconies but gives a clearer idea.

• Like 1

For anyone still struggling:

1. Click Book now for the cruise you're interested in

2. Choose number of guests and click Continue

3. Find your preferred type of cabin (accepting that these are "from" prices, with balcony prices being fully obstructed, but at least each type is shown here) and then click Choose this cabin

4. Make sure the Select Price option is selected and click Book now

5. In the Your cabins section, click image.png.e8cffdf5c43dc7d7c0f90a8c581a10b2.png

6. Then select I'll choose my cabin location (I think these options were previously the other way around on the screen!)

7. Et voila! A whole deck at a time showing all the available cabins for the chosen cabin type:

image.thumb.png.ae57af88a308a62657cf7c0d2fc9f787.png

Also showing if there is an additional cost for other decks:

image.png.0860a2eda2ea250084f26dca956f4623.png

I like it - I spend far too much time checking availability like this so this is a great improvement for me at least.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can anyone please explain what "cabin amendment price" means? It is included in the total price when I select a cabin number in a dummy booking!  

For example:

Current selection:
Balcony (Standard)£ 1,699pp
Cabin amendment price:£110
Total price:£ 1,809pp

8 minutes ago, Astrajet said:

Can anyone please explain what "cabin amendment price" means? It is included in the total price when I select a cabin number in a dummy booking!  

For example:

Current selection:
Balcony (Standard)£ 1,699pp
Cabin amendment price:£110
Total price:£ 1,809pp

Only guessing,

Is Balcony (Standard) £1699 the entry price ie HA, and the cabin that you have chosen a HB or above?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bill Y said:

Only guessing,

Is Balcony (Standard) £1699 the entry price ie HA, and the cabin that you have chosen a HB or above?

Ah!  Yes, I think you have hit the nail on the head!  Many thanks.  I was thinking of it referring to future amendments which didn't really make any sense.  Thanks again.

16 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

I can’t look at this as we are on a cruise at present, but has anyone noticed if it shows the accessible cabins that are available? I suspect not, but would be interested to know. Thanks. 

It doesn't look like it I'm afraid. I tried to do this for a couple of 2025 cruises, but as soon as I request an accessible cabin on the first screen of booking, I'm advised to call P&O directly. From what I can see, the accessible cabins also aren't indicated on the deck plans in the booking process (I checked cabin B426 on Britannia for the 2025 cruise and there was no indicator there).

6 minutes ago, CaptainPedantic said:

It doesn't look like it I'm afraid. I tried to do this for a couple of 2025 cruises, but as soon as I request an accessible cabin on the first screen of booking, I'm advised to call P&O directly. From what I can see, the accessible cabins also aren't indicated on the deck plans in the booking process (I checked cabin B426 on Britannia for the 2025 cruise and there was no indicator there).

Thanks. I thought that would be the case. I suspect it’s to stop people who may have a degree of infirmity, but don’t have a genuine need for an accessible cabin, from booking them, in which case that’s a good thing I guess.  

Something else I noticed which I hadn't seen before is that you can now select by port. So if you want to go to say, Alesund, you select that port and you get a list of the cruises that call there. 

On 7/12/2023 at 8:49 AM, CaptainPedantic said:

Sorry if I missed this being posted previously, but this morning I was checking cabin availability (again) for a cruise I'm interested in and there has been a huge improvement made to the booking process through the P&O website. You can now see cabin availability for an entire deck at a time, rather than having to choose both a location (e.g. Aft) and deck to see what's available. If like me you spend far too much time seeing what is available, this will save you hours!!! Nice work P&O 🙂 

Seen it, and I like it.

3 hours ago, Windsurfboy said:

Just out of pure interest looked at conservatory mini suites on my cruise, 50% sold on deck 9 , none sold on deck 8 not a single one.

I wonder why!!!

Edited by Astrajet

On 7/12/2023 at 6:14 PM, Bill Y said:

Only guessing,

Probably correct, however HA is the top grade and HF the lowest grade.