What are you missing on Royal Caribbean nowdays? What would you bring back?

15 minutes ago, trippen texan said:

I hope they would enforce all there rules ,dress code on formal nights ,keeping kids off dance floors out of clubs and bars. The need better food after 9 at night. 

I didn't think it was against the rules for children to be in bars or on dance floors.

1 hour ago, time4u2go said:

I didn't think it was against the rules for children to be in bars or on dance floors.

How can you not get how children on the dance floor can be a major issue?  We had a conversation with CD Bobby on EN last year.  He said he has a lot of issues with people letting their small children run around on the dance floor while adults are trying to dance.  They become a major trip and fall hazard for adults who are just trying to dance.   There is zero reason for kids to be playing on dance floors when adults are dancing.  Other than people being afraid to tell their children no.  

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, BND said:

How can you not get how children on the dance floor can be a major issue?  We had a conversation with CD Bobby on EN last year.  He said he has a lot of issues with people letting their small children run around on the dance floor while adults are trying to dance.  They become a major trip and fall hazard for adults who are just trying to dance.   There is zero reason for kids to be playing on dance floors when adults are dancing.  Other than people being afraid to tell their children no.  

I said NOTHING about whether it was an issue or not. I simply stated that I didn't think it was against the rules. You might want to try reading my post again.

On 7/13/2023 at 5:56 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

I'll add to my list, beef wellington that used to be served in the MDR and free room service

Beef Wellington???  The revised menus I have seen recently show that you would be fortunated to get ANY beef or lamb, much less the legendary Mama's Pork Chop at all much less a prime rib or Wellington that you mentioned

On 7/15/2023 at 9:01 AM, Another_Critic said:

No, parents need to keep control of their kids.

I love kids and dogs, I don't blame them for anything.  It's parents that I sometimes want to slap, put in timeout, and sent to their room/cage.  

• Like 3

Back in the 90s to about 2010 the MDR was the special place. NO my time dining  everyone had a table same place every night. Dressing up every night it was the first part of a special evening .Service was great the food mmmmm great. The dining room so good looking the people where dressed so nice . Now its like eating in side of jack in the box at night  in shorts tank top t shirts and flip flops on formal night . WE had a btb with the same assigned  table for 14 days that's what we wanted day 11 3rd formal night we go in at 5 oclock and someone was at our table in shorts and a tee shirts and we where dressed in formal ware . The Head waiter wanted us to move to a table for 8 when we had a table for 2 by a window. Never  found out how they  got our table or the head waiter never said he was wrong and not moving  the people sitting there and we where early. THE ELEGANCE IS GONE since they stopped ENFORCING THE  RULES. 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, trippen texan said:

Back in the 90s to about 2010 the MDR was the special place. NO my time dining  everyone had a table same place every night. Dressing up every night it was the first part of a special evening .Service was great the food mmmmm great. The dining room so good looking the people where dressed so nice . Now its like eating in side of jack in the box at night  in shorts tank top t shirts and flip flops on formal night . WE had a btb with the same assigned  table for 14 days that's what we wanted day 11 3rd formal night we go in at 5 oclock and someone was at our table in shorts and a tee shirts and we where dressed in formal ware . The Head waiter wanted us to move to a table for 8 when we had a table for 2 by a window. Never  found out how they  got our table or the head waiter never said he was wrong and not moving  the people sitting there and we where early. THE ELEGANCE IS GONE since they stopped ENFORCING THE  RULES. 

Yep big box cruise lines meet big box wally world that what sail today nothing wrong with it but that what people wear casual attire is the norm.

There use to be these flavorful chicken patty’s they had back in the day around 2008 timeframe in the Windjammer usually on embarkation day. They were good and everybody wanted them. I forgot exactly what they were called! 

I miss the ocean adventure club younger kids coming through dinner as part of their evening activites. We dropped off ours several times and one time they were dressed as pirates chanting "give us your dessert!" through the MDR

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, bigque said:

There use to be these flavorful chicken patty’s they had back in the day around 2008 timeframe in the Windjammer usually on embarkation day. They were good and everybody wanted them. I forgot exactly what they were called! 

It wasn't chicken "patties".  It was chicken breast pieces with a sauce and it was called Honey Stung? Chicken.  It was just okay.

Edited by BND
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, time4u2go said:

I said NOTHING about whether it was an issue or not. I simply stated that I didn't think it was against the rules. You might want to try reading my post again.

Hence the problem with children on the dance floor.  Not that some parents care what the rules are.  I do know that in the Compass we have seen a statement requesting kids not be on the dance floor in the evenings.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BND said:

It wasn't chicken "patties".  It was chicken breast pieces with a sauce and it was called Honey Stung? Chicken.  It was just okay.

Yeah that’s it! They need to bring that back! 😎

On 7/16/2023 at 9:34 AM, smokeybandit said:

Kids? I see more adults misbehaving on a ship than kids.

Once we had a suite with the doorbells.  Adults with drinks kept ringing our doorbell and when I would go to the door they would take off running and screaming.  They did this for three days straight.  I’m talking older people too.  Like you could fall and break a hip people.  

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, OBX-Cruisers said:

Beef Wellington???  The revised menus I have seen recently show that you would be fortunated to get ANY beef or lamb, much less the legendary Mama's Pork Chop at all much less a prime rib or Wellington that you mentioned

Pretty sure there's beef on the menu every night.  But if it makes you feel better to pretend there isn't, have at it

4 hours ago, Wanna Be Retired said:

Once we had a suite with the doorbells.  Adults with drinks kept ringing our doorbell and when I would go to the door they would take off running and screaming.  They did this for three days straight.  I’m talking older people too.  Like you could fall and break a hip people.  

We've had several suites with doorbells and never had anyone do that.