What are you missing on Royal Caribbean nowdays? What would you bring back?

If we could have a wishlist of things gone by, what would you like to have back?

I would love for the midnight buffets and ice sculptures to make a return. It felt so luxurious on our first cruise, Jewel back in 2008 to visit the midnight buffet and marvel at the wonderful ice sculptures and carved watermelons.

• Like 16

21 minutes ago, dcourt said:

The fancy glasses that the drinks were served in even at the pool!!  No cheap plastic glasses.  I love my collection of cocktail glasses! 🙂 

I have 8 RC glasses and I make my cocktails at home in them! 

• Like 2

Cabin Service the way it used to be

Escargot and French Onion Soup every night

Good quality proteins in the MDR, no up-charging or pay for an extra tail

Realistically priced beverage packages

Coco Cay when it was an Island paradise and not a waterpark (OK I do like the new pool area)

Specialty restaurants that had outstanding ambience, food, and service for a not crazy price

The crazy good times at the piano in the schooner bar on ships such as Majesty and Sovereign

• Like 9

Richard Spacey and Leigh Xuereb.

Deck parties - day and/or night.

Actual mattresses, not the thickness of an incontinency pad.

The word "yes" when making requests or asking for help.

Being able to bring permitted soda, water, or wine in a checked bag instead of a carry on.

A sensible parking rate at Cape Liberty. I'm just parking a car, not investing in the garage.

And after paying full price, $30.00 per day, being able to park in the garage rather than the dust, mud, rain, snow satellite parking with its usually unpleasant attendants.

Baked goods that taste like and resemble what they are being called.

Passenger courtesy and manners.

Restriction of dogs that are not actual service animals. No animals in the dining room. Service dogs don't ride in perambulators, eat at the dining tables, bark, be allowed to pet and say "oh how cute." All cruise lines and transportation options need to grow a pair and start enforcing the actual ADA policy. Want emotional support? Bring Dr. Phil (and put him on a leash, too).

"Cats!" Oh, wait, that's one I'd like to get rid of.🙃

Edited by John Reid
addition
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

Not that RCI has ever done it but I would like a small area of the WJ open into the late evenings like Celebrity does.

Better desserts....I don't care what they look like I want them to taste like homemade !!!

Miss the Wonka Pie !!!!

• Like 9

Please don't be mean it's just my opinion...

Actual formal nights. I love getting dressed to the nines and seeing all the beautiful gowns and men in suits and tuxedos. We still do it but it was so much better when everyone did. I would ohhh and ahhh as people came in all fancied up.

• Like 21
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, dcourt said:

The fancy glasses that the drinks were served in even at the pool!!  No cheap plastic glasses.  I love my collection of cocktail glasses! 🙂 

I'm good with no glass on the pool deck

• Like 5

7 hours ago, RedIguana said:

The crazy good times at the piano in the schooner bar on ships such as Majesty and Sovereign

Still available. Not every cruise/every ship but some of the piano players have been terrific and created a great time.  There was a terrific piano player on Mariner in May. Schooner bar was packed, and we all had fun. I hope you enjoy the same experience soon.

M

9 hours ago, dcourt said:

You can find heaps of them at the thrift store.

• Haha 1