Kids menu in specialty restaurants

dacrow

We will be traveling on the Beyond with our kids, ages 6 and 4.  We have booked a number of specialty restaurants. I understand there is a kids menu available in the MDRs, but does anyone know if the kids menu is also available in the specialty restaurants?

Our kids generally like to try grown up food and may well want things off of the regular menu, but in case they are feeling picky I wanted to see if they would have a kids menu available. Thanks!

2 hours ago, dacrow said:

We will be traveling on the Beyond with our kids, ages 6 and 4.  We have booked a number of specialty restaurants. I understand there is a kids menu available in the MDRs, but does anyone know if the kids menu is also available in the specialty restaurants?

Our kids generally like to try grown up food and may well want things off of the regular menu, but in case they are feeling picky I wanted to see if they would have a kids menu available. Thanks!

It may be a more enjoyable option to do an earlier dinner with the kiddos at the OVC or MDR, drop them off at camp at sea, and then enjoy the specialty restaurants with just grown ups.

I'm just mentioning it this in case that option hadn't been considered yet 🤔 

9 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

The kids menu is available at all restaurants as well as Specialty ones. 

I was wondering about this specifically for Le Petit Chef, which I think has the most limited menu of all.  Do they offer kids menu options, as well?  

12 minutes ago, CruiseCrew123 said:

The whole point of Le Petit Chef is that you eat what the animation is presenting . I think You lose half the enjoyment if it’s different 

Sure that's the point.  But if they won't eat anything that's presented, then why bother?  I assume one could feasibly enjoy watching the animations and then east something different.

3 hours ago, CruiseCrew123 said:

The whole point of Le Petit Chef is that you eat what the animation is presenting . I think You lose half the enjoyment if it’s different 

That I'm not sure -   the one for Tuscon is a take off of the regular menu.    I'm sure if you met with the Restaurant Manager at least 24 hours before dining they could either make accommodation like food allergies or  dietary needs.   

I know some with Vegetarian and Vegan requirements were accommodated.

image.png.e56e42bb5f575902680240900c11323d.png

9 hours ago, bigAWL said:

Sure that's the point.  But if they won't eat anything that's presented, then why bother?  I assume one could feasibly enjoy watching the animations and then east something different.

I can’t eat any fish or seafood so I have had the alternate dish when a course is seafood and it has very little impact on experience.