Laundry service

washcruise13

6 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

If it is free with Latitudes status, why not utilize the service around midweek?

My wife and I are both Saffire might as well bring some dirty laundry along to get the full benefit.

• Haha 3

41 minutes ago, GORDONCHICK said:

Many of us have pre or post cruise plans, so yeah.  And it helps keep the packing lighter!

This.  My family of four travel super light, and we are extending with land tours in Europe on both ends.  I will gladly pay the high prices for laundry.  I also wash underwear and tees in the sink with the travel laundry soap sheets.  

• Like 1

On 7/17/2023 at 11:25 AM, mugtech said:

Laundry service on a 7 day cruise?

Normally, I wouldn't care, but I'm doing a B2B, so two 7-day cruises and am really hoping they will provide that 1 bag for 1 price type of thing so that I'll have clean clothes and not a stinky room😁

On 7/14/2023 at 9:38 PM, NW Pacific said:

Be careful what you send out in the laundry bag.  remember clothes washed and dried in hot water and dried on high heat setting.

Actually, no.  As they explain when you take a behind the scenes tour, the ship's laundry uses warm water, not hot, mild soap, no bleach, and a medium heat setting when drying.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, SoloAlaska said:

Thank you for this. I was debating bringing a particular dress but it always needs a good press. For $5 for the service I will bring it on my TA.

For us, we used to pack a lot of more formal clothes that required more care onboard (and we still do on other lines). We pick NCL for its Freestyle approach to cruising. We pack light and only things that can be thrown in the ship's washer and dryer. I would not bring a silk blouse on a cruise... not worth the hassle and no one on the ship would appreciate it,,, even I would not appreciate it because it is a hassle. 

On 7/17/2023 at 5:03 PM, ilovesalchows said:

This.  My family of four travel super light, and we are extending with land tours in Europe on both ends.  I will gladly pay the high prices for laundry.  I also wash underwear and tees in the sink with the travel laundry soap sheets.  

^ This -- but DW thinks I'm nuts for doing so.  My shirts are generally quick-drying, so I'm saving laundry for those items (khaki cotton shorts) that don't dry as well.

1 hour ago, GORDONCHICK said:

Really?  I thought irons were prohibited.  I travel with an empty spray bottle and spritz items with water and shake out the day before wearing.

You can’t bring them on, but NCL will bring them to your cabin.

On 7/17/2023 at 5:03 PM, ilovesalchows said:

Do you have a favorite soap sheet or one that works well?  In my student days, i used Dr. Bronner's, but that was a looong time ago!

1 hour ago, Railfan30 said:

Do you have a favorite soap sheet or one that works well?  In my student days, i used Dr. Bronner's, but that was a looong time ago!

I always use Soak which is a liquid that doesn’t require rinsing after. It comes in some great scents that are also available in Flatter which is a wrinkle release type spray. I started using Soak for my delicates and knits but never leave it at home now when I travel. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

Our cruise is nine nights, not 7, but we will be in Europe 3+ weeks before we even embark on our cruise, so yes we will need laundry done most likely as soon as we got on. 

Keep in mind the turn around time. If you’re out of clean clothes you might want to hand wash a few days worth and send the rest out. I saw some lines state 3 days to get your clothes back. I’d ask your steward how long it would be before sending everything but the clothes on your back out to laundry.

1 minute ago, SoloAlaska said:

Keep in mind the turn around time. If you’re out of clean clothes you might want to hand wash a few days worth and send the rest out. I saw some lines state 3 days to get your clothes back. I’d ask your steward how long it would be before sending everything but the clothes on your back out to laundry.

We won’t let ourselves run out of clean clothes. We will have some clothes cleaned on our first cruise and can hand wash some items as well. I don’t plan on packing real light either. I’m sure I will have one large suitcase and a carryon, as will dh. 

23 hours ago, mjkacmom said:

They will bring an iron and board to your cabin.

17 hours ago, GORDONCHICK said:

Really?  I thought irons were prohibited.  I travel with an empty spray bottle and spritz items with water and shake out the day before wearing.

Yes. You can request an iron and ironing board from your room steward. BUT,,, be prepared to iron as soon as it arrives because they will come back shortly to collect it. As pointed out, it is a fire hazard. But they are readily available if you want. 

Pro Tip (from someone who cruises 6-7 times a year): Don't pack things that totally wrinkle easily. And if stuff is a little wrinkled, nobody will care. That's the most important thing... no one will judge you if your blouse has a crease... everyone is wearing cloths that are coming out of suitcases and everyone has that nice folded crease look as they walk around the ship. You're on vacation. Make it easy on yourself. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Pro Tip (from someone who cruises 6-7 times a year): Don't pack things that totally wrinkle easily. And if stuff is a little wrinkled, nobody will care. That's the most important thing... no one will judge you if your blouse has a crease... everyone is wearing cloths that are coming out of suitcases and everyone has that nice folded crease look as they walk around the ship. You're on vacation. Make it easy on yourself. 

I pack an empty spray bottle, fill it with water and spritz clothing and shake them out.  The wrinkles just fall out.  I also don't pack anything that needs pressing.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Middleager said:

I tell my wife to pack little and wear little.

She doesn't listen though.

Over packing is ok. Spending hours trying to iron it…. not so much. Everyone is wearing clothes straight out of the suitcase. Have your wife try it.