Help! with cabin location

ravenjls

Right now I have a front of ship cabin on Royal Princess in November.  I have read reviews saying that this cabin can be noisy at night (due to wind) and the balcony can be very windy.  Although very large balcony, you need to be standing in order in order to see the water.  Would you risk the noise and the windy balcony in order to have a front view of Fiordland National Park (scenic day) and arrival into each port or would being on the Lido deck give you a good enough perspective and book a more useable balcony.   

• 2 weeks later...

I’m not sure if you will be able to move to a rearward facing (sunset) cabin but we had that location on a RCI ship and we sat out on the balcony watching the scenery and it was just dreamy! 
Be prepared for rain. We got misty views in the early morning but it brightened up as the day went on and we saw several seals and dolphins too.

I’m sure you will have a wonderful time.

On 7/14/2023 at 2:13 PM, ravenjls said:

Right now I have a front of ship cabin on Royal Princess in November.  I have read reviews saying that this cabin can be noisy at night (due to wind) and the balcony can be very windy.  Although very large balcony, you need to be standing in order in order to see the water.  Would you risk the noise and the windy balcony in order to have a front view of Fiordland National Park (scenic day) and arrival into each port or would being on the Lido deck give you a good enough perspective and book a more useable balcony.   

On 7/14/2023 at 11:13 PM, ravenjls said:

We spent some time on our balcony but then went up on deck which was better for seeing the scenery while in Fjordland. It was cold early in the morning on our balcony and we had coats, scarves, beanies and gloves on. But up on deck as the morning went on, we ended up in short sleeves. The last odf the sounds we cruised through, we sat back on our balcony and it was getting cold again. Our balcony was midship.

• 4 weeks later...

We had a front facing cabin on Majestic Princess (L101) and it was fantastic!  We didn’t use it much when the ship was underway, but in ports and on scenic cruising days, that is where we spent our time.  I would book it again in a heartbeat.