Why does Royal Caribbean and Celebrity use Crown Bay instead of Havensight?

Cruise_Couple

Why does Royal Caribbean and Celebrity use Crown Bay instead of Havensight? It seems like they choose to use CB as their first choice but when I look at maps it seems like cruiselines would always prefer Havensight for its proximity to walkable activities, etc. Even on days when Havensight is not full I see RC and Celeb ships at Crown Bay. Curious if anyone actually knows the reason.

Royal Caribbean wanted a dock where they could exert more control of the area so they signed a long term contract with VI government for exclusive (with a few exceptions) use of that dock.

Also as ships get bigger, more dock space is required. Many of the Caribbean islands now have more than one dock.

Crown Bay has more shade and tradewinds than Havensight so it's nice just to sit outside on the dock and enjoy it. Havensight is HOT except during the winter. 

Crown Bay used to be a submarine dock and when RCI started sailing the larger Oasis class (needed for the depth) there they signed a multi-year contract. I too miss docking at Havensight.

I cruise Princess no more Crown Bay. When RCI signed the deal it was the end of Princess docking ships at Crown Bay. Nice!! In all due respect there's so much more to do at Havensight the atmosphere is much better than Crown Bay. 

Crown Bay is back in a hole, Havensight is right there. 

Plus Havensight is set up much better for taxi's and pedestrian traffic. 

Havensight certainly is HOT it's the Eastern Caribbean 😁.

Sitting on the dock at Crown Bay is great, my buddy Tommy has a kiosk there he sells ice cold Corona's and little bags of peanuts to feed the lizards with.

It's the only thing I miss about Crown Bay sitting on the dock before the ship leaves drinking a few beers and feeding iguanas as long as me. Those iguanas are cool they're tame and smart!! I love those guys!!

Actually feeding the iguanas are the only thing I miss about Crown Bay. 

Princess and Havensight work. 

There's an inflatable water park not too far from Crown Bay. Splash Zone. Videos on youtube. I posted the link to one in the Secret Harbor thread.

Edited by Ms411
Link to video didn't paste.
  • Thanks 1