Dress code in Thermal spa?

Sandyren

I know that “proper” attire is a bathing suit. But does anyone know….would we be turned away if we wanted to use  the thermal spa wearing shorts and tank top?

There is a distinct lack of affordable bathing suits available for plus-sized gals, and yes I’ve looked online.

The heated tile lounge beds are a great memory of a past Sapphire trip, I’m wanting to book the thermal for our upcoming trip.

Bathing suit, that I’ll literally never wear again, will literally cost more than the entire week of the spa!

Thanks if anyone knows for sure!

• Like 1

I book the thermal suite whenever available. I have seen women wearing t shirts and shorts. I have lost 80 pounds and am still fluffy, but before I would wear swim dresses. I like the long top with boy shorts bottom and to me they provide plenty of coverage.

• Like 3

I wear shorts & a tank top all the time.  They always ask me if I want a robe & I just tell them no I don’t need it, I’m just going to lay on the beds. They are fine with it.  I always put down several towels on the bed. I personally don’t like my skin to directly touch the bed surface. And one towel is used for my head as a pillow.   
 You could even wear a sundress or a moo-moo.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ronnieslady said:

I wear shorts & a tank top all the time.  They always ask me if I want a robe & I just tell them no I don’t need it, I’m just going to lay on the beds. They are fine with it.  I always put down several towels on the bed. I personally don’t like my skin to directly touch the bed surface. And one towel is used for my head as a pillow.   
 You could even wear a sundress or a moo-moo.

mu’umu’u (or muumuu)

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, charliedalrymple said:

Okay, everyone--admit it.  You opened this topic thinking that somebody wanted to know if it's okay to go nude in the spa!  😁

well tbh I thought ‘no naked people’ went without saying but thinking about it yep, there is bound to be someone asking if they can treat the area like a nudist beach 😂

to OP- if they were to say anything about not being ok to wear shorts & t-shirt I’d honestly be complaining

A lot of us don’t like to wander about in swimming costumes for a whole multitude of reasons. Weight, scars, or just plain old confidence etc

wear what you are comfy in 😊

• Like 2

1 hour ago, charliedalrymple said:

Okay, everyone--admit it.  You opened this topic thinking that somebody wanted to know if it's okay to go nude in the spa!  😁

Haha well if we’re talking about my 1980’s body, maybe!

• 9 months later...
On 7/17/2023 at 6:50 AM, charliedalrymple said:

I won’t lie, I’m trying to figure out if the showers in the suite are private for couples showers. Complete run around trying to find a place on the cruise for a couples shower that doesn’t mandate swim suits.

9 hours ago, Mr.S said:

I won’t lie, I’m trying to figure out if the showers in the suite are private for couples showers. Complete run around trying to find a place on the cruise for a couples shower that doesn’t mandate swim suits.

Yes, your cabin.  No other place onboard any Princess ship that I know of.  

BTW very strange first post. lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1