Photo package question...

I have 4 cabins booked for 11 family members on Radiance for July 2024. I have read that I only need to buy one photo package as long as I am present in all of the photos (read somewhere but not the RCCL site). 

There is a sale right now on photo packages for my sailing. The terms are below. To me this looks like I would need to pay for a photo package for each cabin if I want a family picture of all 11 of us. Is that correct? If so, I won't do it as I'd rather spend the money elsewhere. But I don't want to buy one package and only have pics of my husband and myself. 

• Digital or print photo packages are sold on a per stateroom basis only, and photos are linked to staterooms based on the guests traveling in that stateroom. Photos of accompanying children aged 21 and under who may be assigned to a different stateroom may also be included in the photo package.
Edited by surgie

Facial recognition will select pictures you are in. It doesnt cut out people in the same picture. For instance I have several pictures with my dinner Mdr dining tables where none were in my cabin and other than dinner hadnt met them before.

Maybe what those terms mean are you can add minors to who is facially recognised. 

I was able to get our family of 12 in group pictures.  We just gave my cabin number for any photos. Sometimes the photographer would insist on adding other cabin numbers, but I just told them that I was the only one who was buying any pictures and they would usually just add one or two.  I even had a few pictures that didn't include me or my children that got put in with my pictures and I was then able to include in my package.

That note about minors means that you can also have pictures of them that you are not in.  For example, my son wasn't in my cabin but I was able to have them add a picture of him and his aunts to my photos to include in my package.

Edited by gluecksbaer