Allure Amplification??

5 hours ago, RobInMN said:

On Allure right now. During the Star class bridge tour, our Genie and another person doing the tour both said that Allure is getting it's amplification in 2025.

Any news on a Fall TA in 2025?  I would love to book that.

2 hours ago, Teeara said:

Any news on a Fall TA in 2025?  I would love to book that.

I didn't think to ask. But assuming the Amplification happens, then following previous patterns, Allure will spend the summer then doing the Western Mediterranean Barcelona/Rome, with a return TA in mid-late October of 2025. So, I suppose just keep an eye out in the 2025-26 Deployment thread.

On 7/20/2023 at 10:47 AM, Doc2725 said:

I really hope they don't remove the Champagne Bar, and replace it with that waste of space Bionic Bar. 

I sure wish they would leave the diamond lounge alone and not add those hideous slides.  It's terrible to move it to the dungeon with no windows.  Ugh.   Allure is my favorite ship right now.

• Like 4

On 7/20/2023 at 11:07 PM, little britain said:

Please not the purple monstrosity. And hopefully the robots 🤖 have gone rusty too.

Leave the classy elegant champagne bar, and the great DL with a view.

Not all ships have to be cookie cutters of each other… Allure can be known as the Elegant one ! 

Agree 100%!!!!!  I put that comment on the top of my review every time I return from Allure and tell Royal that she is my favorite ship!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RobInMN said:

On Allure right now. During the Star class bridge tour, our Genie and another person doing the tour both said that Allure is getting it's amplification in 2025.

The only thing that was "Amped" during Allure's 2021 drydock were the propulsion system and related systems.  The drydock happened during the pandemic while cruises were on hiatus -- RCI wanted to save money and only did what was necessary.  I liked that they kept the Diamond Lounge on Decks 11 and 12, which has great views because of the lack of slides.  I was also glad they did not substitute the Bionic Bar for the Champagne Bar. 

We're sailing a back to back on Allure later this year and will enjoy the fact that these changes didn't happen.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SherriZ366 said:

The only thing that was "Amped" during Allure's 2021 drydock were the propulsion system and related systems.  The drydock happened during the pandemic while cruises were on hiatus -- RCI wanted to save money and only did what was necessary.  I liked that they kept the Diamond Lounge on Decks 11 and 12, which has great views because of the lack of slides.  I was also glad they did not substitute the Bionic Bar for the Champagne Bar. 

We're sailing a back to back on Allure later this year and will enjoy the fact that these changes didn't happen.   

During the Top Tier event,  the Hotel Director said Sabor and Champagne Bar are going away. She did not say "Amplification", but I knew what she meant. She did not say what they were being replaced with,  but if I see her,  I'll see if she'll give up any details. 

Edited by RobInMN
  • Like 1

On 7/21/2023 at 6:52 AM, LobsterStalker said:

I never realized Allure didn't have the monstrosity .

... And I agree , leave it that way. Guess it doesn't hurt my experience any , but it is an eyesore !

Cheers

Yep. Allure is the only classic unmodified Oasis class ship left. But it needs updates based on what I saw when on board Xmas cruise 2022.

20 hours ago, RobInMN said:

I didn't think to ask. But assuming the Amplification happens, then following previous patterns, Allure will spend the summer then doing the Western Mediterranean Barcelona/Rome, with a return TA in mid-late October of 2025. So, I suppose just keep an eye out in the 2025-26 Deployment thread.

The return TA is what I'm hoping for (Fall TA, not Spring TA).  We were booked on it for 2020 which was obviously canceled.  Then we were booked on it for last year but they switched us to Wonder (no complaints there).  But I have to agree with the statements about the Champagne Bar vs. the Bionic Bar.  On all my RCI sailings there have been people drinking and enjoying the Champagne Bar.  Never saw anyone drinking or enjoying the Bionic Bar on Wonder.  You would think they would figure that out by now.  Or at least give us another store to shop in.  My roommate did say that Wonder had the worst shopping of any RCI ships (and she loves to shop even onboard ship).  Too few and too small.

I am following the 2025-26 thread.  But thanks for posting it.

The Champagne Bar is one of the very few where it is quiet enough to have a comfortable conversation. I hope it stays.

The one thing Allure really needs is to change out the horrible chairs on the standard cabin balconies. The backs do not adjust and are not high enough to rest your head. They are quite uncomfortable and I found that they greatly decreased my use of the balcony.

• Like 2

On 9/12/2023 at 9:03 PM, RobInMN said:

During the Top Tier event,  the Hotel Director said Sabor and Champagne Bar are going away. She did not say "Amplification", but I knew what she meant. She did not say what they were being replaced with,  but if I see her,  I'll see if she'll give up any details. 

I think  the Champagne Bar will be replaced with a Tiki Bar.  

• 1 month later...
32 minutes ago, kj_connections said:

Does anyone know when specifically Allure will be reamplified in 2025?

She's doing a 12 night from Miami to Barcelona Feb10-22. Her next cruise listed is a 4 night out of Barcelona on April 11. 6.5 weeks later.

From that point, she's doing the Western Med route until Oct 26 (Barcelona round trip Oct 19-26, but only 3 might from Rome to Barcelona on the 23rd). So likely TA back to Florida after that, just not posted yet.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/8/2023 at 10:04 PM, RobInMN said:

She's doing a 12 night from Miami to Barcelona Feb10-22. Her next cruise listed is a 4 night out of Barcelona on April 11. 6.5 weeks later.

From that point, she's doing the Western Med route until Oct 26 (Barcelona round trip Oct 19-26, but only 3 might from Rome to Barcelona on the 23rd). So likely TA back to Florida after that, just not posted yet.

That makes sense.  We've sailed on Allure 3 times since she had the modified drydock.  they only did work on the propulsion system etc.  However, the 2 story Diamond Lounge and the champagne bar were not touched.  I think there will be a Tiki Bar for the Champagne bar -- they are phasing out the Bionic bars for this new watering hole.  I have heard cabins in the DL space but that was pre-Covid -- they could do a restaurant here.  

On 8/7/2023 at 3:57 PM, taglovestocruise said:

As of today it is still the best DL in the fleet.  Sat upstairs on the balcony many mornings with Espressos and toasted bagels. Great view. Hate to see it relocated to the dungeon.

Cabins make extra $$$.  The Diamond lounge does not generate revenue.  Jason Liberty is all about the bucks.  Pretty sure I can guess that the current Crown Lounge will become something that generates revenue and be relocated to a less desirable location (like it was on the Oasis)

26 minutes ago, Russ Lomas said:

Cabins make extra $$$.  The Diamond lounge does not generate revenue.  Jason Liberty is all about the bucks.  Pretty sure I can guess that the current Crown Lounge will become something that generates revenue and be relocated to a less desirable location (like it was on the Oasis)

Just what Allure needs... more cabins and more people.🙄

On 9/12/2023 at 4:12 PM, SherriZ366 said:

The captain told us in May that it would be done in late 2025.    Hate the idea of losing my favorite diamond (crown) lounge and having those hideous slides added. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SherriZ366 said:

That makes sense.  We've sailed on Allure 3 times since she had the modified drydock.  they only did work on the propulsion system etc.  However, the 2 story Diamond Lounge and the champagne bar were not touched.  I think there will be a Tiki Bar for the Champagne bar -- they are phasing out the Bionic bars for this new watering hole.  I have heard cabins in the DL space but that was pre-Covid -- they could do a restaurant here.  

Obviously the original Amp plan was for a Bionic Bar, but I completely agree about the BB and it shouldn't take much to change that plan to a TikiBar like on Utopia. 

Pretty sure the plan for the Diamond Lounge is for Wonderland.

16 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Just what Allure needs... more cabins and more people.🙄

They might also add several cabins/suites above the bridge like on Oasis which really destroys the silhouette of the ship. I don‘t understand why people are hyping this „amplifications“ (whatever this means), former beautiful ships just get more crowded and ugly looking…

Edited by Saab4444
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Saab4444 said:

They might also add several cabins/suites above the bridge like on Oasis which really destroys the silhouette of the ship. I don‘t understand why people are hyping this „amplifications“ (whatever this means), former beautiful ships just get more crowded and ugly looking…

I’m guessing but maybe people value new facilities more than appearance or how a handful of additional cabins will impact the overall crowdedness of the ship. 

16 hours ago, 3yorkies said:

The captain told us in May that it would be done in late 2025.    Hate the idea of losing my favorite diamond (crown) lounge and having those hideous slides added. 

Does anyone know if the schedule for 2025 shows her dry dock in the later part of the year?

2 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

I’m guessing but maybe people value new facilities more than appearance or how a handful of additional cabins will impact the overall crowdedness of the ship. 

As the old saying goes: “Beauty is in the eye of the shareholder!”

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

Does anyone know if the schedule for 2025 shows her dry dock in the later part of the year?

See my post above (quoted below). I think the captain just misspoke. They would not do 2 drydocks in a year, and there is nothing in her schedule that would remotely suggest one.

On 11/8/2023 at 9:04 PM, RobInMN said:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Saab4444 said:

They might also add several cabins/suites above the bridge like on Oasis which really destroys the silhouette of the ship. 

Still looks better than the Norwegian Epic, That thing is absolutely hideous.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 7/21/2023 at 6:52 AM, LobsterStalker said:

I never realized Allure didn't have the monstrosity .

... And I agree , leave it that way. Guess it doesn't hurt my experience any , but it is an eyesore !

Cheers

I love the monstrosity!