Port Canaveral - Walk from Cruise terminal to car rental location

SJCCruiser

Hi All - Can anyone advise how easy/feasible it would be, aster the cruise to disembark, leave my family (with luggage) at the port and then walk to the rental car location to pick up the car.  I'm sure they have a shuttle, but in my experience, its a real pain.

Can anyone provide any more info?

Where would be best for my family to wait for me to be collected? Is there somewhere obvious?

Many thanks.

Screenshot 2023-07-16 at 16.29.27.png

If you are into walking (as I am)....that walk is not bad at all.   Mullet drive more direct, but Glen Cheek is interesting past the restaurants.  

We often walk along Glen Cheek drive to waste some time, having arrived early to score inside garage parking.  

Walk with your luggage and family just west of the terminal towards Grills restaurant.  Lots of crew members hang along that walkway waiting for transport,  just before you get to Grills along the walkway/side road.  You can load up there, and there are a few benches to sit at.  

We also love walking over to Grills before boarding time for a "start your cruise up right" Bloody Mary to enjoy on the dock there next to the ship.  😉  The bartenders inside really know how to make a killer Bloody Mary.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SJCCruiser said:

Good thinking @reallyitsmema although I think I read somewhere that the large ships (i.e Wonder) can only manage Terminal 1, but yes, best to check!

Wonder does use terminal 1. 🙂 

https://www.portcanaveral.com/getattachment/Cruise/Cruise-Lines-Schedules/CPA-Website-Schedule-Apr-Sep-2023.pdf.aspx?lang=en-US

18 minutes ago, SJCCruiser said:

Thank you @island lady, much appreciated help. I think that's exactly what I'll do - the thought of waiting for a shuttle fills me with dread!

You are most welcome.  That area is actually nice for walking around, and has been set up as a "touristy area" years ago.   Before that it was a nasty dirt road and stunk of scallops from the scallop factory and the shrimp boats all rafted together.  Wish I had taken pictures for a "before and after".  😉

Enjoy your cruise!   

• Like 1

Walk to most of the car rental agencies will be a nice walk especially if it’s hot and humid. They all have shuttles and the only thing with that you have to wait for the people that have already reserved a car to get to the shuttle if it is not full. What o have done in the past is taken a taxi to car rental as doing it that way you beat the crow that will be coming in on the shuttle. Also make sure you already have a reservation as the number of cars they have will be limited to those with reservations.