Sun cabins and scooters

RoperDK

I haven't cruised with Princess in several years.  Sometimes I rent a regular size scooter.  Since the Sun Princess is based on the Excel class footprint (Carnival Mardi Gras), will a regular scooter fit through a cabin door?  They don't on the Mardi Gras!  We usually cruise in a mini-suite.  I tried to find cabin door measurements and couldn't.  Thanks.

On Royal and Grand Class ships standard door width is 22 inches. I searched for door widths on the Mardi Gras and 22 inches came up. I would expect that the Sun Princess would be the same. To be safe you would probably have to book an HCP cabin. Other than a few Princess employees that have access to the construction plans I don't think anyone in Princess customer service will know the answer to your valid question. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, skynight said:

On Royal and Grand Class ships standard door width is 22 inches. I searched for door widths on the Mardi Gras and 22 inches came up. I would expect that the Sun Princess would be the same. To be safe you would probably have to book an HCP cabin. Other than a few Princess employees that have access to the construction plans I don't think anyone in Princess customer service will know the answer to your valid question. 

Follow up question since the Sun Princess details aren't out there yet.  On Royal and Grand class ships do regular size rented scooters fit through the door?  I can't imagine that all of the scooters I see on the ships are booked in the scarce number of handicapped cabins available.  

3 hours ago, donaldsc said:

There is a handicap travel board on CC.  You might repost there.

DON

Thanks.  I am familiar with the handicap board.  I was revisiting Princess because they still have refundable deposits.  The grass is always greener effect, I guess.  We were intrigued by the Sun, but it looks suspiciously like the Carnival Mardi Gras and after 2 sailings on the Mardi Gras, we decided it wasn't to our liking.