Heathrow Airport To / From Heathrow Hotel Transportation

2 hours ago, chemmo said:

Sometimes there is a point when travelling you are better just gritting your teeth and getting it all done in one go…Totally agree with TeaBag.

You will get to Southampton, have a good sleep and be a short taxi ride from your ship the next day, you probably won’t need to set an alarm…you can sleep in…

Thanks for all of the input.

OK, let's assume I do the transfer to Southampton upon arrival to Heathrow. What are some of the Private Cars with drivers that would offer a reliable service at a reasonable cost?

5 hours ago, HBDave said:

I'm planning at staying at a Heathrow Airport Hotel on Bath Rd for one night before a cruise out of Southampton. I'm trying to determine the best method to get from the Airport to the Hotel and back to the Airport in the morning to use a Cruise Line Transfer to Southampton. We will have three suitcases with us, so I don't think public / city buses will work. I'm aware of the Hotel Hoppa Buses, but have heard stories of them being very late or not showing up on schedule, etc. Also I was considering a Taxi, but have been told they tend to not like the short trips and that it could be a problem. I'm looking for any first hand experiences and suggestions. Is a Taxi, Hotel Hoppa Bus or some other form of transportation best for our situation? Thank You for your suggestions / input. 

I agree with the previous suggestions to continue on with the National Bus to Southampton.  We flew SFO to LHR late last year.  It is an easy walk from T3 to the Nat'l Bus terminal.  The bus wasn't even half full.  I think there was one stop between LHR and Southampton.  In Southampton there is a short stop at the college before arrival at the bus terminal.   Spend a restful night in Southampton.  Then a leisurely morning to start your cruise.  

Last Fall we opted to go direct to Southampton after arriving at Heathrow - we booked Blackberry both ways.  We spent the night in a hotel in Southampton.  Coming back I had made reservations for the Crowne Plaza at Term 4 - not convenient but did what we needed.  A note - we planned to take the Hoppa to our terminal in the morning and it never showed up so the clerk called us a taxi.  He groaned about having 2 people, 2 regular size and two carry on size bags and tried to charge us extra when we got to the airport.  Nice try.  Considering this was our first trip to the area it all went rather smoothly - the ride to/from Southampton was considerably shorter than we anticipated and our hotel in Southampton made us sit in the lobby until they were ready for us 🙂  Coming back we were also very early but the Crowne Plaza got us right into our room.

11 hours ago, bjkTX said:

Last Fall we opted to go direct to Southampton after arriving at Heathrow - we booked Blackberry both ways.  We spent the night in a hotel in Southampton.  Coming back I had made reservations for the Crowne Plaza at Term 4 - not convenient but did what we needed.  A note - we planned to take the Hoppa to our terminal in the morning and it never showed up so the clerk called us a taxi.  He groaned about having 2 people, 2 regular size and two carry on size bags and tried to charge us extra when we got to the airport.  Nice try.  Considering this was our first trip to the area it all went rather smoothly - the ride to/from Southampton was considerably shorter than we anticipated and our hotel in Southampton made us sit in the lobby until they were ready for us 🙂  Coming back we were also very early but the Crowne Plaza got us right into our room.

We are looking at Blackberry. How was it??

18 hours ago, HBDave said:

Additional Information....

We're coming into Terminal 3 on Delta.

Hilton serves both T2 and 3, both walkable.  T3 a little further.

But I agree with the others, I’d rather be in Southampton than Heathrow.

4 hours ago, trrn2016 said:

We are looking at Blackberry. How was it??

They were great.  I really struggled over option for getting to and from.  I have some limitations on walking and in the end I just wanted to know someone was going to be there waiting for us.  I thought they were expensive when I booked them (several months early) but by the time we made the trip the price had almost doubled so I was glad I paid up front 🙂  They were efficient, the drivers and the cars were very good - they may have driven a bit faster than I would prefer since they were on the wrong side of the road 🙂  But the trips were a little over an hour each way.  The only issues we had was operator error (me).  Until that cruise we dinosaurs (76/73) never had a smart phone or device and I got a tablet just to be able to book the cruise on Princess (when we didn't have a choice but to do it through the new app) and I had no idea how to do texts etc - so communicating got a little frantic as I was trying to figure it out on the run 🙂  There are obviously much cheaper ways to go - but for me it was worth the peace of mind.