Live British Isles July 19-31 Princess Regal

kttraveler

23 hours ago, ricka47 said:

We’re sitting at LHR as our flight is delayed about 5 hours. It was a very good trip but we both have colds now.

There was so much coughing and sneezing on the tour busses that it was inevitable, I guess.

Hopefully you won’t be too delayed.  We got off the Regal the day you boarded.  We had a fantastic time.  Really didn’t hear coughing or sneezing.  When we arrived at LHR to check in, our flight and been cancelled for mechanical reasons. They rebooked us for the following day.  Gave us bus vouchers and a hotel voucher.  Our flight the next day left on time to Boston, not our original connecting airport.  Had a 3 hour layover that turned into 10 hours.  Got home 2 days late.  🫣.  Oh well, the cruise was just wonderful.  Can’t say enough nice things about the crew and fellow passengers.  

We’re sitting at LHR as our flight is delayed about 5 hours. It was a very good trip but we both have colds now.

There was so much coughing and sneezing on the tour busses that it was inevitable, I guess.

50 minutes ago, ricka47 said:

Turn out it wasn’t a cold. We contracted Covid. I’m guessing there was a lot of it on the ship.

Sorry to hear, but as I said in a prior post, I suspected many of these colds were actually COVID.

Get well soon.

I really wish that Princess was more proactive about this. Often, at the buffet, there was no washy-washy person. It would also be a good idea to mention to those who may be feeling a little sick to be careful about washing and maybe wearing a mask. Instead, the rest of us are fighting off the germs that are being spewed everywhere.

While this is better than our first round of the virus, I slept for two days straight and now just feel like I have a regular cold. My wife, who had already has a weakened immune system and long covid from round one in 2020, is still bedridden.

I don't know-it was a great cruise until we got in the plane to come home. But, is it worth it to be jammed together with so many people in close quarters?