Hotels near Long Beach

EllieinNJ

I need a certain weekend next April but it seems there is something doing in Long Beach because most of the downtown hotels are already booked.  I do not want to go into the Signal Hill or airport area.  I found a few nice hotels in Seal Beach and Huntington Beach.  Are these too far away?  My cruise leaves on a Monday.  How much do you think an Uber or Lyft might cost?

Assuming you are talking about the weekend of April 19/20...That is the "Acura Grand Prix of Long Beach"...

https://www.gplb.com/

Even if you had booked a hotel early, the prices would have been highly inflated...and even this far ahead of the event, hotels are typically sold out.

So, assuming your cruise dates are cut in stone, don't worry about it.  Stay somewhere else in the area and, unless you are going to the race, just stay out of Long Beach until it's time to get on your ship.

Where you stay depends on what you want to do, what airport you are using...and how much time you have.  If you are just, say, flying into LAX the day before, killing time relaxing withourt need to do any sightseeing and just heading to your ship Monday morning...and you are concerned with transportation costs and logistics, I wouldn't bother passing Long Beach to head to Seal Beach or Huntington Beach and backtracking by Uber...

I'd stay in between LAX and Long Beach--Look at El Segundo, Manhattan Beach, Redondo Beach, Torrance (Collectively, "the South Bay")...Plenty of hotels, areas are safe, restaurant choices, etc. and you are doing no extra mileage by Uber or anything, just splitting your ride in two...

I'd consider Seal Beach/Huntington Beach only if I were flying into SNA or LGB...and, if one of those and just relaxing, I'd consider staying near those airports (though normally, I'd highly recommend NOT and staying in Downtown Long Beach.  Your weekend, you simply don't have that choice.  And even LGB hotels are bound to fill fast for that weekend!)

On 7/19/2023 at 6:44 PM, Bruin Steve said:

Assuming you are talking about the weekend of April 19/20...That is the "Acura Grand Prix of Long Beach"...

https://www.gplb.com/

Even if you had booked a hotel early, the prices would have been highly inflated...and even this far ahead of the event, hotels are typically sold out.

So, assuming your cruise dates are cut in stone, don't worry about it.  Stay somewhere else in the area and, unless you are going to the race, just stay out of Long Beach until it's time to get on your ship.

Where you stay depends on what you want to do, what airport you are using...and how much time you have.  If you are just, say, flying into LAX the day before, killing time relaxing withourt need to do any sightseeing and just heading to your ship Monday morning...and you are concerned with transportation costs and logistics, I wouldn't bother passing Long Beach to head to Seal Beach or Huntington Beach and backtracking by Uber...

I'd stay in between LAX and Long Beach--Look at El Segundo, Manhattan Beach, Redondo Beach, Torrance (Collectively, "the South Bay")...Plenty of hotels, areas are safe, restaurant choices, etc. and you are doing no extra mileage by Uber or anything, just splitting your ride in two...

I'd consider Seal Beach/Huntington Beach only if I were flying into SNA or LGB...and, if one of those and just relaxing, I'd consider staying near those airports (though normally, I'd highly recommend NOT and staying in Downtown Long Beach.  Your weekend, you simply don't have that choice.  And even LGB hotels are bound to fill fast for that weekend!)

Yep.  That is our weekend.  We are doing the Carnival Radiance from Monday to Friday and then the Carnival Panorama from Sat to Sat.  Since I first posted we decided to visit our daughter in San Francisco first, then rent a car and drive to Long Beach.  Yes. I know, a 6 hour+ drive.  I wound up booking a motel on the beach in Sunset Beach since we have the rental car and then turn it in the morning of the first cruise.  The Friday between cruises we booked the Cove Hotel.  May change to the Queen Mary when those dates show up.  Now only bookable through Dec. 2023.