Do I get Double Solo Points for CC if my 2nd passenger no shows?

binro01

My Second passenger for our cruise might need to cancel, but I'm going.

I wonder if I will get double Captains Club points if this happens. Anyone has any experience with this?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by binro01

• binro01 changed the title to Do I get Double Solo Points for CC if my 2nd passenger no shows?
9 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

I think they only give double points when you pay for double occupancy.  In this case the second passenger (or his insurance) pays for the second fare, not you

I plan on calling Celebrity about the no show ahead of time. I was told to do this to get the taxes/port fees and expenses refunded.

So in essence I'm paying the full double occupancy rate. I have done this on other lines and was awarded double points. Just not sure with Celebrity.

Edited by binro01

You get double points. You don’t have to call ahead of time. They will refund taxes, port fees and any excursion, internet fees paid if they don’t show. You may have to call them if your points don’t show. Sometimes when I have booked solo I have had to call to get the points applied. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Alakegirl said:

I think they only give double points when you pay for double occupancy.  In this case the second passenger (or his insurance) pays for the second fare, not you

Double occupancy was paid if there was a second passenger. It does not matter who paid but OP says they paid for the second passenger. 

• Like 1

It has been 9 yrs since this happened to me and at that time, they would not give me double points.

Edit:  Then again, it could be that it wasn't until the month after that X began double points (I don't remember the exact date X began double points for solos).  

Edited by goofysmom99
  • Like 1