Med in early April

Hello,

I am looking at booking a Princess Med cruise in early April but am a bit iffy about the weather that time of year. I've been to the Med (including Greek Isles) in September and it was fabulous and then to Turkey (on Thanksgiving day, lol) and it was really cold. Any thoughts on Greek Isles, Istanbul, Naples in early April?

Thanks 🙂

It depends what you are wanting to do,  sightseeing will be comfortable but swimming won’t be.   We visited Italy in late April, and it was cool in Rome but nicer in southern Italy.   Of course each year may vary.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, basil1 said:

Thank you. We want to go sightseeing but without wearing a heavy coat.  🙂

It should be fine with a light rain jacket, but take along a packable down vest and a lightweight wool sweater just in case.   We saw a lot of locals wearing the puffer down jackets.  They are also light and easy to pack and use as a pillow on flights. 

• Like 1

I've taken two early April Med cruises and had beautiful weather on both. However, I don't think either of them went as far north as Istanbul, which could be a bit cool. I don't think it would be "heavy coat" cool though....

I've been to Naples in February and March also -- it's gorgeous then. And almost no tourists!!!

• Like 3

I booked our Med cruise Rome to Venice to Athens in March but for Feb-March 2024.  I started to watch the weather at that time for March through April this year.  The temps were generally low of 40's at night and high 60's or 70's during the day.  I figured it would be colder for us in February but sounds like perfect weather for busy days in April.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2023 at 8:18 PM, basil1 said:

Thank you. We want to go sightseeing but without wearing a heavy coat.  🙂

i live in the Southern Mediterranean.  I can say that there is no way I would sightsee in the middle of summer now the kids no longer travel with us.  April and May are however great months for travelling around.  You might get rain, which we did in our early May cruise to Croatia and Slovenia this year - I always travel with a light rain coat, I cannot cope with an umbrella when moving around.  

You may well have sunny days but if at sea it can be breezy and so pool activities are probably unlikely, unless you have a ship that has a cover over the pool.   Temperatures might make you consider whether or not you are likely to need a balcony, that might be the place you use your heavy coat 

• Like 1

On 7/18/2023 at 7:35 PM, bennybear said:

........................... and use as a pillow on flights. 

Is it dyslexia ?

Or Alzheimer's ?

Or just wishful thinking ?

I read that as "and use for pillow fights🙄

A good idea though 😋

JB 🙂

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, John Bull said:

Is it dyslexia ?

Or Alzheimer's ?

Or just wishful thinking ?

I read that as "and use for pillow fights🙄