Boulud Dinner

NMTraveller

How many courses?  What are the choices?  Is it worth it?  Will I be wowed?

How do I know when the dinner will be?  Do I book specialty dinners and then cancel when I found out what night the Boulud dinner is?

• Like 1

Here is a link to a blog about it - https://www.celebritycruises.com/blog/video/chefs-table-by-daniel-boulud

It says date and time will be confirmed on embarkation day, so yes, if you find it clashes, you would have to rearrange other events around it. They would try and help onboard. We haven’t done this but am sure they would make it a special evening. 

• Like 1

I had friends who did this.  They said it was "meat heavy", not a lot of vegetables.  Does anyone else agree?  I have been to Le Voyage but have not done the Daniel Boulud dinner on other ships.  I did just sign up for the one on the Eclipse in December 2023.  I may decide to cancel it if we have too many dinners planned.

38 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I had friends who did this.  They said it was "meat heavy", not a lot of vegetables.  Does anyone else agree?  I have been to Le Voyage but have not done the Daniel Boulud dinner on other ships.  I did just sign up for the one on the Eclipse in December 2023.  I may decide to cancel it if we have too many dinners planned.

You are talking about the Chef's Table, right? It's not meat heavy at all.

43 minutes ago, patty1955 said:

You are talking about the Chef's Table, right? It's not meat heavy at all.

Chef’s Table by Daniel Boulud.

I’m reporting what my friend told me.  I’ll check if a menu was posted.

6 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Chef’s Table by Daniel Boulud.

I’m reporting what my friend told me.  I’ll check if a menu was posted.

We were at the Chef's Table in June and these are the dishes served:

PXL_20230525_163904471.jpg

PXL_20230525_163942266.jpg

PXL_20230525_171743323.jpg

PXL_20230525_173702935.jpg

PXL_20230525_175628915.jpg

PXL_20230525_182747276.jpg

PXL_20230525_190705897.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

How many courses?  What are the choices?  Is it worth it?  Will I be wowed?

How do I know when the dinner will be?  Do I book specialty dinners and then cancel when I found out what night the Boulud dinner is?

Chef's Table at Le Voyage--you don't know what day until the day before the meal!

It was AWESOME--we didn't find it heavy.

The Garlic Almond soup over grapes was AMAZING--we all wanted to lick the bowl clean!

(I know, they don't SOUND like they go together, but THEY DO)

My only "complaint"--this was Day 2.

We had Le Voyage reservations Day 3--felt like a tiny let down after Chef's Table.

And Luminae seemed basic after that...

My recommendation--do Le Voyage 1st (the tasting menu is PRETTY similar to Chef's Table).

I would prefer Chef's Table later in the week if it is offered...better to end on a high note!

• Like 1

Thanks for the great information and photos - we are booked in January on the Ascent. 

56 minutes ago, KKB said:

Chef's Table at Le Voyage--you don't know what day until the day before the meal!

It was AWESOME--we didn't find it heavy.

The Garlic Almond soup over grapes was AMAZING--we all wanted to lick the bowl clean!

(I know, they don't SOUND like they go together, but THEY DO)

My only "complaint"--this was Day 2.

We had Le Voyage reservations Day 3--felt like a tiny let down after Chef's Table.

And Luminae seemed basic after that...

My recommendation--do Le Voyage 1st (the tasting menu is PRETTY similar to Chef's Table).

I would prefer Chef's Table later in the week if it is offered...better to end on a high note!

KKB, everyone I've talked to about it have RAVED about that soup, can't wait to try it!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, micruiser2002 said:

I can see the menu for a cruise I have in October.  Did you check the celebrity app for you sailing to see if it is posted?

The dinner is not posted on the app, but shows up on the web.  There is not a menu for the web.

Just now, NMTraveller said:

Thanks everyone.  I ended up booking the dinner.  At first I was concerned that there would be too much food,  however the portion sizes in the photos above look reasonable.

When my friend said it was meat heavy I should have said, just don’t finish it.  My husband and I are looking forward to it.

For the Boulud dinner is there a wine pairing?

2 minutes ago, zitsky said:

When my friend said it was meat heavy I should have said, just don’t finish it.  My husband and I are looking forward to it.

I think that there is a wine pairing.  According to the web page it is additional.  I do not know much if anything  about the wine pairing.

Just now, NMTraveller said:

One last question about the dinner.  Do you have to keep the cookbook that comes with it?  I am not sure that I want to drag it back?

Just don’t take it with you.

4 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

I am cruising in October.  It is under Dining>Special Offers and I only see it for 2 nights right now.

Thanks.  There is not a Special Offers tab yet.  These just popped up for reservations last night on the web.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, zitsky said:

The wine pairing shows up with the menu in the app.

It does not mention anything about pricing.

Edited by NMTraveller

49 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

The wine pairing shows up with the menu in the app.

It does not mention anything about pricing.

I’m on Eclipse 12/23.  I don’t see the Daniel dinner in the app.  Therefore no wine pairing.  I’ll check online.

Thanks.