First time RC cruiser and already off to a negative start

13 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

If you plan to book more than one restaurant you should be able to do it all at whatever restaurant you go to first.  They are all linked to the same system usually.  I say usually because I have read here a couple of times that Hibachi was different.  That wasn't my experience but I have read it here so I thought I would mention it as a possibility. 

Good to know. I'm all about 1 stop shopping.

Bummer, lesson learned I guess.  Hope you have a fantastic cruise.  In my experience, you don't need a dining package to truly enjoy a cruise on Royal, but your mileage may vary.

We've been sailing royal since 2012 and this was the first year we even tried a specialty restaurant.  We still wouldn't say it's needed.  I do like booking one for lunch on embarkation day.  Saves the madness of the buffet that particular afternoon.

Dan

Edited by The Fun Researcher
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Fortunately, Royals ship-based customer service is 1000 times better than their land-based customer service. 

Hope you have a great cruise and you & the rest of the family have some great dining onboard.  Let us know how it went when you get back, if you like.

Amen to that.