Carnival Pride is crippled at sea

LLindaC

20 hours ago, Rudyard said:

As posted previously, it does happen to other cruise lines. It seem though that the people that cruise those lines have an unspoken agreement not to talk about it. When NCL of the Seas has a problem the posts are usually short and sweet and drop off page one quickly. They remind me of those families that know grandma has a "problem" involving fermented grape beverages and cousin Jimmy is a frequent resident of the county jail, but they want to make sure it's kept in the family lest those pesky carnies show up on their forum. 

Maybe it's not worth talking about

On 7/19/2023 at 10:21 AM, hard_eight said:

They all have issues...They're mechanical boats

constantly running EVERYDAY,

something is going to give from time to time.

Same thing with aircraft: expensive equipment standing still

isn't turning a dollar:

aircraft work pretty much the same way.

24/7 if they can arrange it!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hard_eight said:

What a mess. Sounds like they were trying, lots of failure points.

Yes there is a lot of misinformation going on between the shoreside office and the ship board personnel. Cruise director ensured there would be buses waiting to bring the passengers from the smaller airport to the major Gatwick and Heathrow airports. There were no shuttles so people had to pay almost $200 to get to their hotels by the airport. Once they arrived there some of the hotels didn’t have a list from Carnival and people had to pay for their hotels. I think the effort was there but the logistics of the whole situation was not carried out properly.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gray mare said:

We were fortunate that we hadn't left the USA to fly to England when we were notified of the issue.  I'm sorry for the folks already in Europe, as well as the people on the sip this week.  

Horrible situation, for the folks that are in Europe, I hope they get a chance to spread their wings, stay. Flights and trains to other euro countries are cheap !  Go expand your horizons, Europe thru a carnival cruise lens is soooo limiting !   Go to Paris  and eat at a bistro at 930 at night , try sitting in piazza in Italy eating a gelato.. so many cheap alternatives to see Europe , your their … go for it ..

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Even with the issues, it was a fantastic cruise.  The crew did every single thing they could to assist, including staying up the entire last night to work on getting everyone off and home.  

Completely agree with you. We were also onboard and the crew could not have performed better. We had no problems with communication and I think Carnival can hold it's head high regarding this incident considering all the challenges. Transfers off the ship and from the airport to the hotel were pretty much flawless for us. Just two small hiccups at the Hamburg Airport but those were both pretty much out of Carnivals hands.

But there are people who will B... and M... for hours if they got 5 ice cubes instead of 4 in their drink. Can't even imagine living that way.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, SDPadreFan said:

Completely agree with you. We were also onboard and the crew could not have performed better. We had no problems with communication and I think Carnival can hold it's head high regarding this incident considering all the challenges. Transfers off the ship and from the airport to the hotel were pretty much flawless for us. Just two small hiccups at the Hamburg Airport but those were both pretty much out of Carnivals hands.

But there are people who will B... and M... for hours if they got 5 ice cubes instead of 4 in their drink. Can't even imagine living that way.

You are correct.  When we got home I sent off a nice email to some mgt friends  basically stating what you say in your post.  I received a call yesterday saying thanks and he forwarded off to Christine Duffy and thanked us for sending it

• Like 1