Does RCL let you embark 'first' if you show them you have earlish flight?

I think you mean debarkation and not embarkation.  That being said, 2:30 is no problem out of Houston.  I wouldn't even bother with self debarkation.  It's an hour twenty to IAH.  If you are in an Uber by 10 you'll still have tonnes of time to get to the airport.

Edited by Tree_skier

Embark = boarding the ship = good mood

Debark = getting off the ship = bad mood

Assuming you mean debarkation... if you are doing self-debarkation (bringing your own luggage off), you will be the first group off the ship anyways.    If you want to use the regular debarkation (leaving your luggage for the cruise line to take off the ship), yes you can tell them you have an early flight (in your pre-cruising documents), or go to customer service early in the cruise and ask to be one of the first groups. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I think you mean debarkation and not embarkation.  That being said, 2:30 is no problem out of Houston.  I wouldn't even bother with self debarkation.  It's an hour twenty to IAH.  If you are in an Uber by 10 you'll still have tonnes of time to get to the airport.

LOL yes I mean debarking!  Sorry, been a day already!  And I did not think it was a problem AT ALL but my coworker is freaking out (company cruise).  Thank you!

• Like 1

Towards the middle of the cruise, you will get a questionnaire regarding your departure information. It use to be a paper but it might show up in the app. (I can’t remember.)

I would advise that you look for the information and complete the form. Departure times are assigned with the information. Self assist is typically called first if that is your preference. 

Assuming you're able bodied, I strongly suggest self-disembarkation.  You won't have to adhere to anyone else's schedule -- just go when you want to go.  

We dislike the whole putting-your-suitcase-out process and face a long drive home, so we always go with self-disembarkation.  We get up early and eat, then return to our room one last time for our suitcase -- we get into line shortly before 7:00.  Typically the line starts moving 7:15ish, and we're literally in our car headed North about 7:30.  We think keeping the whole "leaving process" to less than an hour is a win.    

IF we were to choose to start later, since we have our suitcase, we'd still be able to leave on our own schedule.  The only issue is that -- later -- the elevators and staircases tend to "fill up" with people doing this very thing.  So earlier is easier for self-disembarkation.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, paminohio said:

LOL yes I mean debarking!  Sorry, been a day already!  And I did not think it was a problem AT ALL but my coworker is freaking out (company cruise).  Thank you!

GS or even the cabin steward has extra luggage tags with lower numbers if you need them.