Final Payment

Flgreg

We have final payment due 7-23 and have received 2 emails from Regent "reminding" us and stating we should call to provide credit card info for the payment.

Is there any reason I can't just go into My Account online and make the payment myself (like I did with the deposit)? Seems like that would be easier and one less call to make.

Thanks.

30 minutes ago, Flgreg said:

We have final payment due 7-23 and have received 2 emails from Regent "reminding" us and stating we should call to provide credit card info for the payment.

Is there any reason I can't just go into My Account online and make the payment myself (like I did with the deposit)? Seems like that would be easier and one less call to make.

Thanks.

We always make our final payment through our Travel Agent.

Never heard of making any payments through the My Account on Regent.

• Like 1

We're in between travel agents right now, so to speak. So.....since payments can easily be made in My Account I'm just wondering if it creates any issues to make the final payment that way.

16 minutes ago, Flgreg said:

We're in between travel agents right now, so to speak. So.....since payments can easily be made in My Account I'm just wondering if it creates any issues to make the final payment that way.

As far as I know, Regent doesn't have this procedure available online.

Unless things have changed in the past three months (when I made my final payment via My Account on the website), you should be able to do so. 

(I probably should but have never used a travel agent to book my cruises...)

Flgreg:

Considering the amount of final payment--and to alleviate any angst as to where the money is going--

And, considering your situation as not having a viable TA, It would be worth the time to make a simple telephone call directly to Regent and get this matter resolved.  One way or the other.  

Going back and forth on a Cruise Critic Thread looking for additional guidance is problematic. It's your money.  

GOARMY!

Edited by GOARMY
Clarification.
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, rkaratsu said:

Unless things have changed in the past three months (when I made my final payment via My Account on the website), you should be able to do so. 

(I probably should but have never used a travel agent to book my cruises...)

Thanks, @rkaratsu,  I wasn’t aware of that feature.  The My Account section must have an additional button there for those cruisers who use Regent agents and making payments online.  

13 hours ago, Flgreg said:

You can make your final payment via My Account, just as you did with your deposit. Payments for bookings made through a travel agent can only be made via that travel agent, which is why anyone who always books through a travel agent would be unaware of that functionality within My Account.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, GOARMY said:

Flgreg:

Considering the amount of final payment--and to alleviate any angst as to where the money is going--

And, considering your situation as not having a viable TA, It would be worth the time to make a simple telephone call directly to Regent and get this matter resolved.  One way or the other.  

Going back and forth on a Cruise Critic Thread looking for additional guidance is problematic. It's your money.  

GOARMY!

I heartily agree!  That was my first thought, as well.  Why not simply call Regent direct, talk to a "real person", and provide the CC info directly to them.  Not everything in life has to be done "online"...Best Regards To All

1 hour ago, tubeamps said:

I’m one of those people that won’t give out CC# to anybody over the phone.

I found it simple to pay on the RSSC website.

Even when you initiate the call to a verified phone number?