UDP on Embarkment Day

1 minute ago, CrystalBlue said:

Hi,

Cruising on the Wonder of the Seas next month and was wondering if I can use my UDP for lunch when I board. Not interested in going to the WJ and The Key is sold out for my sailing. 

Thanks

Yes- we always do playmakers on embarkation , if we have UDP, and they have it 🙂

1 hour ago, CrystalBlue said:

Hi,

Cruising on the Wonder of the Seas next month and was wondering if I can use my UDP for lunch when I board. Not interested in going to the WJ and The Key is sold out for my sailing. 

Thanks

Absolutely! Head strait to Giovanni's when you get on board.  They open at 11:30, hand the Maitre de a list of all your dining requests with preferred times and sit down and enjoy a relaxed lunch away from the madding crowds while he gets your reservations sorted.  Ive done this on several ships and it works great.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Absolutely! Head strait to Giovanni's when you get on board.  They open at 11:30, hand the Maitre de a list of all your dining requests with preferred times and sit down and enjoy a relaxed lunch away from the madding crowds while he gets your reservations sorted.  Ive done this on several ships and it works great.

That's what we did we recently cruised on Indy.  Chops was open for lunch so we went straight to that restaurant, booked our dining and the Hostess told us to come back when they opened for lunch.  We had a drink at the Windjammer Bar and watched passengers streaming into the Windjammer.  

Check the App to see what Restaurants are open on Embarkation Day.  

• Like 1

Related to the UDP -- I have what I believe is a courtesy reservation at 6pm on embarkation day. Ticketed solo, and have another solo traveling. He also has a 6pm courtesy reservation the first day. Tried to get RCCL phone rep to change his courtesy reservation to the second day, to no success. Have any of you all been in this situation?

Is it the case that no specialty dining reservations can be made until you get to the ship? Thanks for the info; it's been a while since I cruised Royal.

40 minutes ago, JaynBNA said:

Related to the UDP -- I have what I believe is a courtesy reservation at 6pm on embarkation day. Ticketed solo, and have another solo traveling. He also has a 6pm courtesy reservation the first day. Tried to get RCCL phone rep to change his courtesy reservation to the second day, to no success. Have any of you all been in this situation?

Is it the case that no specialty dining reservations can be made until you get to the ship? Thanks for the info; it's been a while since I cruised Royal.

If you buy a dining package (UDP, 3 day, 5 day, etc). You select an available time when you buy it for your first courtesy reservation - they’ll pick a restaurant for you at that time. 

You can’t make any other reservations or changes until you’re on board. Once on board the ship do what everyone else mentions here and go visit the maitre’d in one of the specialty restaurants and they’ll be able to make all your dining reservations for you with your package, including changing a res if you like.  

• Like 1