NCL just cancelled our first port stop, Zeebrugges for Brugge

They say it is because of low tides. We now have an overnight in Amsterdam, great city but we have been there twice on land trips and never been to Belgium. DW was not thrilled when I told her she might as well return the Fodors Belgium book she took from our local library.

Meanwhile they still have Isafjordur, Iceland listed as a port though they have not made it there yet this season.

We are on the same cruise and we were really looking forward to visiting Bruges.....it is So Disappointing!!  We also have been to Amsterdam twice before....I looked into doing a day tour from Amsterdam to Bruges but that is a 12 hour tour so won't be able to do that, since we leave @ 6 p.m.

10 hours ago, fishman620 said:

We are on the same cruise and we were really looking forward to visiting Bruges.....it is So Disappointing!!  We also have been to Amsterdam twice before....I looked into doing a day tour from Amsterdam to Bruges but that is a 12 hour tour so won't be able to do that, since we leave @ 6 p.m.

And did you notice that they are not refunding the money if you bought one of their excursions? Instead they are changing it to OBC.

We had booked Brugge On Your Own with the $50 off for me and 10% off on both of us for our Latitudes status, it was a bit cheaper than getting there and back on your own. I had looked up museums there, and DW, a retired art teacher, was very happy with the choices available. I also found a French Fry Museum, and was intrigued with the idea of that.

12 hours ago, ontheweb said:

We now have an overnight in Amsterdam, great city but we have been there twice on land trips and never been to Belgium.

10 hours ago, fishman620 said:

We are on the same cruise and we were really looking forward to visiting Bruges.....it is So Disappointing!!  We also have been to Amsterdam twice before....

Thinking laterally in these circumstances, why not take the train from Amsterdam to Bruges and stay overnight in Bruges?

13 hours ago, fishman620 said:

BTW, in case you have an excursion booked there and want it to be compensated back to your credit card rather that be compensated with OBC for money you already paid them, it can be done.

I had to argue with them, but they finally realized I was asking for money back for our excursion that they could no longer provide rather than compensation for a missed port. The rep went to the resolutions department and came back to tell me since you can cancel excursion up to 48 hours before the excursion for a refund, they would cancel it, and it would be refunded. Though I was told it could take up to 7-10 business days to show up on my card. 

37 minutes ago, MeHeartCruising said:

Our Bruges stop was also cancelled last fall and replaced with the Amsterdam overnight.  Taking the train to Delft makes for a nice day. 

Nice place, been there done that.

We are on this same cruise, arriving in Amsterdam at 3 pm a day early and overnighting there.  Hubby and I would like to take a short evening canal cruise on that day when  we arrive.  Ive found some tours that are highly rated.   What is the best way to get from the ship to the canals downtown?  Is it walkable?

17 minutes ago, crowell716 said:

We are on this same cruise, arriving in Amsterdam at 3 pm a day early and overnighting there.  Hubby and I would like to take a short evening canal cruise on that day when  we arrive.  Ive found some tours that are highly rated.   What is the best way to get from the ship to the canals downtown?  Is it walkable?

Yes, easily.

1 hour ago, crowell716 said:

You can join the roll call for our sailing.

Norwegian Prima 11-Day Northern Europe from London to Reykjavik August 6, 2023 - August 17, 2023 - Page 10 - Norwegian Prima Roll Calls - Cruise Critic Community