Lima, Peru Restaurant for dinner

JSR

The number of options for dinner our one night in Lima are endless. 
Has anyone eaten at any of the following and if so what did you think of the experience? We also have time for a lunch or ceviche

Central

Maido

Kjolle

Mayta

Astrid y Gaston

Awicha

El Pez Amigo

Any other recommendations for dinner?

How about for Ceviche?

La Mar

El Muelle

Thanks for the help!

Have been to Lima twice. Second time was just two weeks ago. Haven't eaten at any of the places you mentioned but can recommend La Rosa Nautica (on the beach in Miraflores) for spectacular seafood and ocean views. We really enjoyed our dinner there on our first visit - alas we were too lazy to go back this time.

This visit, we had an excellent lunch at Amankaya, a few blocks from the main drag in Miraflores two weeks ago. Imagine their dinner is just as good.

You can find ceviche everywhere. We satisfied our craving by just walking around LarcoMar and finding a place on the cliffside that looked popular. It was delicious.

16 hours ago, JSR said:

The number of options for dinner our one night in Lima are endless. 
Has anyone eaten at any of the following and if so what did you think of the experience? We also have time for a lunch or ceviche

Central

Maido

Kjolle

Mayta

Astrid y Gaston

Awicha

El Pez Amigo

Any other recommendations for dinner?

How about for Ceviche?

La Mar

El Muelle

Thanks for the help!

I wen to Maido and Astrid y Caston last time I was there on 2018. Both very good.

13 minutes ago, Lirio said:

I wen to Maido and Astrid y Caston last time I was there on 2018. Both very good.

We only had one night so I most chose 😢. What did you like about each? Would you recommend one over the other, and if so which one?

thanks. 

I’m going to try for Central. Reservations open in November. No specific date yet. I plan to practice on August 15 when the next reservation block opens up. 

by the way all 4 of these are on the 50 best list :

1 Central

6 Maido

28 Kjolle (chef is the wife of the husband and wife team at Central)

47 Mayta

Too bad we aren’t ther long enough to try them all. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JSR said:

I’m going to try for Central. Reservations open in November. No specific date yet. I plan to practice on August 15 when the next reservation block opens.

Let us know how it goes!  

Remind me, how far in advance can one book?  I need to set a date in my calendar.  Plus, I want to enjoy the full MIL experience too.

1 hour ago, Stumblefoot said:

Let us know how it goes!  

Remind me, how far in advance can one book?  I need to set a date in my calendar.  Plus, I want to enjoy the full MIL experience too.

They book once a quarter. Here is the latest from their website. I assume, but do not know for sure, that reservations open at midnight. I’m going to research that and will post. 
*Months of October, November and December 2023 will be available for reservations on August 15th

• Thanks 1